Damn the Machine!

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
ok so I make this same thread once a year! oh well .... Who remembers these guys? they only had the one album back in '93 IMO it was a socially/politically charged Masterpeice! and Chris Polands guitar work was awsome! Hawk tell me you remember this band! they are weird and right up your ally!

Yes they are! Chris Poland rules! I have his Ohm album, his "Return To Metalopolis" and his "Chasing the Sun" album. All of them are great. you could say I am amajor Chris Poland fan.

nd you are also right that I sometimes like really weird bands. My latest discovery is a band called Winds. Their latest album is "The Imaginary Direction Of Time". A blend of classical music with slow and progressive metal. great guitar player too.

Here's some info about them:

http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/c.ACCT41008/sc.2/category.2/it.A/id.6016/.f

Hawk said:
Yes they are! Chris Poland rules! I have his Ohm album, his "Return To Metalopolis" and his "Chasing the Sun" album. All of them are great. you could say I am amajor Chris Poland fan.

nd you are also right that I sometimes like really weird bands. My latest discovery is a band called Winds. Their latest album is "The Imaginary Direction Of Time". A blend of classical music with slow and progressive metal. great guitar player too.

Here's some info about them:

http://shopping.theendrecords.com/s.nl/c.ACCT41008/sc.2/category.2/it.A/id.6016/.f
hahahaha I knew if ANYBODY here knew and liked them it would be you Whats your Favs. off of DTM I like "The Mission" "Fall of Order" "Countryside" Hell the Whole album! I have been trying to wrangle up some of Chris's ohter work but hahaha Whenever I have the Money I never think of it that and I would NOT find those records at the cd shop....... I will go and check that band out! We like ALOT of the same shit so I'm sure I would digm too :D

Well, the Ohm records are NOT metal. They are guitar oriented fusion is that means anything to you. but Chris still SMOKES on those albums.

Send me a PM I'll se if I can help you :)

i adore that album, pretty much one of the most unique prog metal albums ever. Their Queensryche touch is elegant, yet strong. I needeed many listening sessions in order to fully get into it, until i loved it. Too bad they (too) were lost, and their one and only masterpieces is now a rarity.

IOfTheStorm said:
i adore that album, pretty much one of the most unique prog metal albums ever.

hahahhaha it doesnt happen Very often but sometimes we actually completely Agree! I have owned DTM sinse its relese in '93 same copy all these years and it still plays perfect

Didn't Damn the Machine have two records? I remember the Poland solo discs, in fact Poland played on the Ice-T remix of "Midnight." And on the Clash of the Titans tour Megadeth used the Ice-T intro to his record "Iceberg" before they hit the stage.
It was basically a sample of "Black Sabbath..."

Hawk said:
Well, the Ohm records are NOT metal. They are guitar oriented fusion is that means anything to you. but Chris still SMOKES on those albums.

Send me a PM I'll se if I can help you :)

I got to meet and talk with Chris Poland and Roberto Pagliani (sp?) back in January at the winter NAMM show in Anaheim. Very friendly guys! I always loved Chris' solos on the Megadeth records. I haven't actually heard the Ohm stuff, but have it on good authority that it SMOKES.

Here's a pic taken with Chris in January:

ClamPoland.jpg

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Just check out the "Live On Kpfk 90.7 FM" from Ohm and hear Roberto Pagliani rage on the 6 string fretless bas. After hearing that you'll be a fan for life. I asure you that!

Count me in as a huge fan of this album! Amazing piece of work. Some people didn't dig the singer's voice but I thought it was unique and killer. Great range and emotion. The riffs and grooves on this album were ahead of its time! Only thing I didn't like was the album cover. You guys remember the video too right? (The Mission I think it was)

JonnyD said:
ok so I make this same thread once a year! oh well .... Who remembers these guys? they only had the one album back in '93 IMO it was a socially/politically charged Masterpeice! and Chris Polands guitar work was awsome! Hawk tell me you remember this band! they are weird and right up your ally!

Sounds interesting. I have never heard of it. I have "Return to Metropolis" from Poland. I like it pretty well.

Bryant

MetalAges said:
Count me in as a huge fan of this album! Amazing piece of work. Some people didn't dig the singer's voice but I thought it was unique and killer. Great range and emotion. The riffs and grooves on this album were ahead of its time! Only thing I didn't like was the album cover. You guys remember the video too right? (The Mission I think it was)

Yep it was for The Mission, I still have that Video somewhere I think I completely Agree with ya on that cept the cover didnt really bother me hahaha :D

Bryant said:
Sounds interesting. I have never heard of it. I have "Return to Metropolis" from Poland. I like it pretty well.

Bryant

Bryant I will have to Burn you a copy and Send it I think you would like em ..... Like Metal Ages Said alot of ppl didnt like the singer .... I though he was great

Yes, this album is a f*****g classic!!!!!!!! I have had it since it's release in 1993 as well. I actually missed out seeing them play live. They played some dump bar at the time, I forgot where, but I was very pissed. In 1993, this style was completely unheard of for, especially to be released on a major label. Yes, they make it into my top three all-time victims of bad-timing bands...DTM, Anacrusis, and Souls At Zero.

Oh, and on another note, since the last time I really had a close-up look at Chris Poland was in '93, was anyone else freaked out at how old he looked on the Megadeth "Behind The Music" from 2002? Man, he aged REALLY badly. Oh well, he still shreds!!

Walter_Langkowski said:
Oh, and on another note, since the last time I really had a close-up look at Chris Poland was in '93, was anyone else freaked out at how old he looked on the Megadeth "Behind The Music" from 2002? Man, he aged REALLY badly. Oh well, he still shreds!!
Yea he wears that funny "Neil Peart hat". I could be the hat though, it makes Neil Peart look old also. I was amazed when I saw the pictures of the "Test for Echo" tour. Man he looked old!! Then when I got to look ate the "Rush in Rio" DVD and he looked much better.

Mmm I am rambling on again!! :)