damnation game any hard?

I would say the first 16 bars are of MEDIUM difficulty. Then 17-27 would be HARD. That's just me though, the first 16 are easier than 17-27.

For what its worth I remember Romeo saying it was one of the more difficult tracks for him to play live.

Its not super fast, but you do have to be pretty articulate, and its not a very standard kind of pattern either.

I sort of have the Michael Romeo Syndrome with learning his crap on guitar; it looks hard as hell until I actually try it, then I realize I just psyched myself out. Damnation Game I find to be a trickier type of piece than other stuff I've learend by him. I learned it real slow at like 80 bpm and worked my way up to full speed (for just the intro licks and everything else that's not the solo) in just about 2-3 days. Took some fine tuning on the tappy parts, but it's fun once you get it down and it sounds smooth. Tappity McTapTap that Romeo guy.

I sort of have the Michael Romeo Syndrome with learning his crap on guitar; it looks hard as hell until I actually try it, then I realize I just psyched myself out. Damnation Game I find to be a trickier type of piece than other stuff I've learend by him. I learned it real slow at like 80 bpm and worked my way up to full speed (for just the intro licks and everything else that's not the solo) in just about 2-3 days. Took some fine tuning on the tappy parts, but it's fun once you get it down and it sounds smooth. Tappity McTapTap that Romeo guy.

i never used a metronome ^^
do they help on practice

Metronomes own at practice. I find 90% of guitar is really just memorizing crap and then speeding it up. Also, what I do is if I can't get a passage down at full speed I'll learn it a slower speed, sleep on it and let it assimilate while I sleep. Then I usually wake up and whammo, I can nail it up it to speed.

Ye I'm sure you're all playing Damnation Game at full (double?) speed. Actually I mostly practice it with my left hand doing all parts with hammer ons while using my right hand to sign autographs. That's how great I am.
Internet's pretty comfy, aye? :p

I've been working on that intro for a while now. I find the very first string skip riff is fairly doable as long as you pay attention to your picking and make sure you aren't hitting that B string on transition or getting unwanted string noise.

The sweep riff is probably the most difficult, and mostly just because of the funky picking you have to do on this ascending sweep (if you notice MJR doesn't even do it correctly in the video, he alters it to an easier form). I find starting on an upstroke, and then jumping over the G string and hitting the two notes on it up and then down is the best way to handle it, but it takes a while to make your hand want to do that.

Then the long, even run is just one of those famous 'start slow and work it up' bits.

The little lick before the tapping is CAKE (probably the only cake you get in this thing)

That's as far as I've gotten - hope that at least helps you get started.