The Damnation Game?

Out of the 5 SX albums I own, thats my least favorite. Its not that I don't like it, overall it just didn't stand out as much as the others. The title track and Dressed to Kill are my favorites off of it.

TDG was the first SymX cd I bought, so it'll always have that special esteem in my eyes..'The Edge of Forever', 'Whispers' & 'A Winter's Dream' are definitely standout tunes. :)

It's one of my least favorite albums. It has some jewels like The Edge Of Forever and Dressed To Kill though :headbang:

I really like Damnation Game and it does not get the respect it deserves. The title track, Dressed to kill, whispers, the edge of forever, Savage Curtain, and Winters Dream all are very good song. The writing on this album is incredible - it embodies emotion, intelligence, and intensity. Savage Curtain (the most metal song on the album) is amazing musically and lyrics fit the music very well, Damnation Game is just a great rocker as well as Dressed to kill, The Edge of Forever may be Symphony X's best song next to Through the Looking Glass, Whispers is an emotionally filled ballad that hits a soft spot in my heart, and Winter's Dream...well that song is just the shit :D

I've started to appreciate this album more lately. "Edge of Forever" and "Winter's Dream" are the obvious standouts... but tracks like "Dressed To Kill" and "Whispers" have been growing on me.

My favorite SyX album! Edge Of Forever, The Haunting, DG, Winter's Dream, Dressed to Kill, Whispers, all mindblowing tunes. It's also one of their most soulful and romantic albums, I love it.

Originally posted by Yngvai X
I really like the Damnation Game a lot...but what the hell is a Savage Curtain? I can just picture some evil drapes flying after someone :p

This is my only beef with the album. It still has a certain degree of "cheese" to it, that was more prevalent on the first album, such as the "cheese" in the chorus of Shades of Grey.

But Damnation Game, Dressed to Kill, and The Edge of Forever, the latter being my favorite SX song, are all awesome songs. It is definitely worth it.

Now, you may say, why does he hate "cheese" so much?
It's cuz I'm from Minnesota and we hate the "cheeseheads"
:D
Any packer fans here? :mad:
:D

"'The Edge of Forever', 'Whispers' & 'A Winter's Dream' are definitely standout tunes."

These are also my fave songs from the album, it's a very under-rated album IMO and perhaps because the production wasn't as heavy as on the following albums is why it's often overlooked.

ProgMetalFan said:
I've started to appreciate this album more lately. "Edge of Forever" and "Winter's Dream" are the obvious standouts... but tracks like "Dressed To Kill" and "Whispers" have been growing on me.

That's great to hear!:headbang:

This is probably my favorite SX record. I really like the place the band were at at this point. The band were apparently feeling each other out and this album showcases a rare melodic depth unmatched by any of their other superlative efforts.

and Demonspell I agree, "Secrets" is the only weak track on this record; but it's got a hell of a solo.