Damnit. I took my bassman 100 in today.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
Well yesterday I drove to Lansing (around 45 mins away) to drop off the bassman that I bought a few months ago to Voodoo amps because it don't fucking work (well it makes noise :lol:). :erk:

I just haven't had the money to throw into it at this point.

Anyhow, I got a call today saying that the wiring looks like shit. So I come in and he points out a bunch of crappy solder points and fuckload of mods that someone else had done (I don't know a ton about amps).

Basically it went like this:

"Someone removed that preamp tube"
"Someone soldered this to that, no idea why"
"Someone installed this and thats not Fender"
"Someone put this wiring in and didn't twist it tight enough"
"Someone put in this extra cap here no idea why"
"Someone melted the coating off the wires here and here"
"Someone jumpered this from here to here and thats wrong"
"Some of these components are burned out"

So when everything was said and done it's going to take an hour just cleaning up the wiring ($100) :erk:.

Then he is making the normal side into something usable, a nice fender clean I guess. He had also mentioned he could do a Dumble clean :)zombie:) on the bass side and use the extra pot as a master for that side. Cool all that sounds great, but I wasn't really wanting to put an additional $300-350 into the amp right this second.

So I told him to clean up the wiring and do the work on the normal side and when I get the extra scratch together I would bring it back in for the work on the bass side.

Total cost: Just shy of $300 at this point. :erk: