Dan/ Foulmouth Productions Review of DEC 10TH SHOW

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
First off let me say that this was not a local show by local standards. 528 tickets sold, almost 700 heads in the Marquee and not 1 national band on the bill!! Someone tell me now that METAL is not strong in AZ.

Fist up was Razer, good band; I see great things in the future for this group. Catchy tunes, but maybe a little out of place considering what was to come.

Next up was Shattered, speed, thrash and GODDAMN good at it. These cats were scary they were so fucking tight. They played for about 200 of the kids that really dug Metal, and you could see the appreciation coming from both sides of the stage. The drummer had a few problems with his gear, but do to some incredible professionalism, no one knew but them and me. Awesome band!!!

8:00 and its time for Autumns End, someone had opened the flood-gates, suddenly the lights came on and there were people everywhere. AE played a crushing set and every song was better than the last, whipping the audience into more and more of a frenzy with every note they played. If you have the opportunity to see Autumns End perform, do so!! These guys are one of the best bands I've ever had the fortune to see.

The lights go down, the sound check is complete. The intro track rolls... You see shadows move in from the side of the stage... Sound explodes... lights come on... the music starts, and there are people everywhere you look and the heads are banging. Then the highlight of the night... Steve (Vokills, Guitar) puts down his guitar and takes the mic from its stand, he began speaking to the 700 person audience of the travesty that recently befell the world of metal, and as he spoke Nathan ( Vocals, Vehemence) came forward from stage right and took the back-up vocal mic. And with the phrase "this one is for Dime" Motive with guest vocalist break into a PERFECT rendition of Pantera's "Hostile". Never before preformed or even rehearsed by any of the people involved, yet pulled off flawlessly with 2 of the best vocalist in the industry as we know it. And the response was overwhelming... The pit started at three rows back stage left and continued all the way to stage right, there had to have been 2 or 3 hundred kids moshing their depraved little asses off, it was a glorious site indeed. Motive then continued to play one of the best sets of their entire careers, started their tune 'Lochness' with the intro to Pantera's 'Domination' just to incite more Metal Fervor.

Lastly it was the mighty Vehemence, from thanking the great talent of Brian Slagel to applauding the fact that 700 people can have a good time and no one has to get hurt. They played selections from both of their albums, '...And god was Created' and 'Helping the World to See', along with some fan favorites that never made it to disc. It was an awesome performance and I now know why Vehemence is as sought after as they are in the festival circuit, they are fucking awesome live. My particular favorite song of the night was 'She Never Noticed Me' sort of a death metal ballad. Nathan is a great vocalist and Bjorn along with John Chavez are excellent guitarists, bass was as solid as I've EVER heard and the drummer is incredibly tight. (Sorry I don't know the bass and drummer's names).

On a scale of 1 - 10 for a local show: 25
But since this is just National show that the bands just happen to be from AZ
On a scale of 1 - 10 for a national show: 10

Manson and Megadeth had nothing on this show, and there hasn’t been another this good in a while, AND there are 700 fuckers that agree with me RIGHT NOW!!

foulmouth_productions@yahoo.com

Dan
E-Mail: foulmouth_productions@yahoo.com
Homepage Title: Foulmouth Productions
Homepage URL: http://www.geocities.com/foulmouth_productions/index.html
Referred By: Search Engine

Comments: I must submit a correction to my own post!!! There was one band on this Dec 10th gig that is considered a national... that of course in Vehemence... It is sometimes hard to remember that our local hero's are not as local as they once were.