Dan remixes a Torture Division song for fun.

Lord K

Busy pissing on you
May 2, 2002
www.theprojecthate.net
The song is called "Bludgeoning your flesh into dust", and you guys should take a listen to Dan's remix right here:

http://media.putfile.com/Bludgeonig-Swano-mix

You can compare it to the original mix, if you feel like it, by downloading the demo for free here: http://www.torturedivision.net/discography

Dan will be doing our second demo in a week or two, we are just waiting to get the vocals down for the third track before that can happen. In case you don't know who Torture Division are, we are sure you can find that out somewhere.

Thanx D for the killer work you do.

Ha, ha!!!! You will never find out!!! :) I will not give away my tricks, because they are all so simple that everyone can do it...I need my job ;)

Sorry...

Dan

Dans mix sounds very clear and brutal! You should give him some money and let the other two songs ran through his magical settings!!

Not a chance, when we are dealing with this band, we want shit to be done for free. We give our music to you guys for free at our site, you know, we can't go around spending cash for a mix or recording then. That's the whole point. Just wait for the second demo, should be done in a few weeks or so. And yes, Dan is mixing it. And we have a t-shirt with his name on it as payment, haha...

I like to mix this kind of stuff. The recording was simple and some sounds were beyond rescue, so I really needed to work my ass of to get it where I wanted it. I get a bit spoiled with all the good recordings I get these days, so it is nice to get back to the roots and really carve a fat sound out of nothing ;) I will sponsor the guys with a mix because I feel that I need something I can send to bands and labels when they wish to know the current quality of my work. I also now that this kind of freebies spread like a wildfire across the web and if people like what they hear soundwise, I am sure they will check me out too. And I know that they will get an album deal they can´t resist with some bad-ass metal label and then I will make Lord K eat his own beard if I can´t mix the debut album!! ;)

Dan Swanö;7262387 said:
And I know that they will get an album deal they can´t resist with some bad-ass metal label and then I will make Lord K eat his own beard if I can´t mix the debut album!! ;)

Thing is, we don't even know if we want to record an album. We have some cool plans for this band and an album is not included in those. Further down the road you might see why, that's how cryptic I'm going to be on this matter.

But IF we ever are to do one, be so sure that I want Dan to put his magic to it. Actually, I wouldn't mind if Mr D had his go at anything I record, ever.

Guess him doing the next The Project Hate album is a treat enough at the moment.

A small update on the Torture matter... We are still waiting for J to do the vocals for the last track, it shouldn't take long now, and then it's off to Mr D for the mix, so this fucken thing gets out before we do our debut gig at the Metaltown Festival in Gothenburg. And keep yer eyes open for it coz it's one insane 3 song demo that we will give you fuckers for free over at our site when the thing is completed.

Sounds like he separated the guitars out and reamped them. My problem with Dan's (though the original suffers a bit from this too), is everything sounds so damn compressed. I tend to enjoy the early death metal recordings. Back when the recordings sounded like they were done in a concrete prison cell.

I also don't like the song since it lacks any band identity (i.e. not too different from other stuff of this type that I've heard). But that's just me ;)

I don't mean to be a dick about this. Just feel like offering up my (probably unwanted) opinion ;p

I also don't like the song since it lacks any band identity (i.e. not too different from other stuff of this type that I've heard). But that's just me ;)

The day that I claim we were ever interested in having an own identity instead of just spitting out insane death metal, I'll think about your comment and actually start to give a fuck.

And on topic: Dan is currently mixing the second demo. Just so you know, it's not anything original - we play death metal.

:OMG:

Edit: Latest update on this matter:

http://www.torturedivision.net/news/dan-swano-is-hard-at-work

The entire thing is now available on their site, go get it!

Edit: this shit is fucking brutal and crisp. Really like it after listening to it twice already. TD guys + Dan = a true winner.

Thanx for whoring our shit, Tumn. Now I didn't have to do it myself.

Edit: Feel free to delete this thread since there's another one for the new demo.