Dance of December Soul re-issue now licensed to Peaceville too?

thedeadwing

Aug 30, 2004
Regarding the advertising sheet that came with the new Discouraged Ones re-issue there also has been Katatonia's Dance of December Soul with the crappy new cover licensed to peaceville. On one hand it is good, that it's now official part of the catalogue, on the other hand wasn't it the band itself who wasn't really happy with the fact, that the new cover (the one with the reaper and the new logo) could irritate new fans who wouldn't expect that style of music?

It's released or will be released under CDVILED175

Anders can you enlighten us about this? Are there also some enhancements like additional notes from you/new band photos/bonus tracks/remaster or is this a straight re-release?

No info on the peaceville homepage in Katatonia's dicography section though...

they just aquired the rights for this release as well yes. to print the "new" cover on the sheets was a misstake. it will NOT have this artwork. we havent closed the details for this release yet, but it looks like jhva elohim meth will be the bonus and probably some unreleased pics and liner notes. most likely remastered as well.

they just aquired the rights for this release as well yes. to print the "new" cover on the sheets was a misstake. it will NOT have this artwork. we havent closed the details for this release yet, but it looks like jhva elohim meth will be the bonus and probably some unreleased pics and liner notes. most likely remastered as well.

Thank you for the good news and for clearing this! This seems to become a very "katatonic" spring. New single "july", TGCD 5.1 mix, the re-masters of the classic albums... Great!

there's even more comin up...

I'm well prepared for things to come! :) The announcement of a new album, the release of the official DVD and a gig here in Austria (but I think that's up to the management and the promotors) and this year couldn't get any better Katatonia-wise (for me at least). :cool:

Since I miss the "official" announcement of the re-release of October Tide's "Rain Without End" (again regarding the Peaceville promotion sheet) this I can live with it somehow because I was lucky enough to discover it around the time when it came out.

So when the "jhva elohim meth" mcd becomes an eventual re-release as bonus on "Dance of December Soul" then only "for funerals to come" mcd seems to stand aside from all the re-releases. Maybe there are some ways to make it available again too? Then every Katatonia output would be in the hands of Peaceville.

This makes one think of a possible special "All-releases-in-one-box" compilation with some unreleased material some day in the (far?) future... Sorry, this goes too far for now I know... :D

we already know about the dvd but how about reassurance of a new cd this year.. please!

I think this sums it up.....
police.gif

18.gif