Dancing

Dancing

• I am a dancer

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • NO

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters
I was breakdancing back in 84 before I got into metal. I'm also quite good at the Melbourne Shuffle, picked it up when attending the many many club nights and warehouse parties I went to back in the late 90's/early 00's.

Dancing is like any other performance art. If you have the rhythm and agility, go ahead, but if you're a clumsy fuck like me, they stay off the goddamn floor. Unfortunately, there's too many clumsy fucks out there trying to dance, which is why I basically refuse to go to any place with a dance floor.

EDIT: I do goof off and pretend to dance when I'm lit up and I want to make fun of the music or the way other people are dancing, so I guess I should have voted yes. But seriously, dancing is not for me.

I was breakdancing back in 84 before I got into metal. I'm also quite good at the Melbourne Shuffle, picked it up when attending the many many club nights and warehouse parties I went to back in the late 90's/early 00's.

It seems that almost everyone from Melbourne knows how to shuffle.

:ill: I know how to shuffle too, though I'm not from Melbourne. Unfortunately with not enough practise lately I look like a fool.

I looked up the shuffle on Youtube. That looks SO FUCKING FUN.

Some would attribute it to my lack of a penis but dancing is incredibly fun and I associate people who refuse to dance with "not fun," "snoretastic," "boring" and "prude"

When some girl I know and have been kind of flirty with for millions of years told me she hated dancing, I just thought; fucking hell girl you're amazing.

Fuck dancing. I have to be so drunk to dare to dance that I just make a complete cock of myself anyway. I dance like a Carlton with down syndrome having an epileptic fit.

When I used to work at this book warehouse my buddy there was black and from the hood, as were most of the people there. So one night we were all bored and he just started c-walking, which was like a chain reaction because they all started doing it. It was somewhat mezmerizing actually. Anyways, as I'm laughing my ass off at these people dancing someone called me out and was like, "GET IN THERE RICK!" I went from laughter to the "oh hell no" face. I declined and told them, "I'm white, that wouldn't be a good idea."

Later on that night I had my buddy show me how to do the c-walk. I bust it out every now and then whenever someone wants to duel me on the dancefloor.

edit: God, I need to learn how to type. :erk:

My ex-gf was a cabaret dancer, and did some modern pop/rnb type dancing as well, so it was pretty hard for me not to get dragged into dancing sometimes. I do enjoy a good dance to early 60s rock'n roll. Discovered a great theme bar around here recently where they play a lot of that stuff and honestly I've never seen a club crowd so genuinely enjoying to dance.

I just noticed the title of this thread is kinda funny: "Poll: Dancing".

pelvic_health_pole_dance.jpg

I looked up the shuffle on Youtube. That looks SO FUCKING FUN.

Some would attribute it to my lack of a penis but dancing is incredibly fun and I associate people who refuse to dance with "not fun," "snoretastic," "boring" and "prude"

I swear all women love dancing. It must be something in the estrogen.

I put no because I find it shallow and pedantic. This doesn't mean I have never had to oblige the ladies.

Stop watching so much Family Guy.