DANDELIUM - Thorns (my best song all time). Remixed with vocal draft.

... The drum sounds really fake especially the toms, i believe the cymbals are a bit too far in the mix at some times. The mix lacks alot of dynamics, their is no noticable difference between parts that should be quieter and those that should be louder. The bass content of the song is almost static at times and doesn't give me an ounce of emotion. Got to admit tought that the guitar tone is fantastic for the style and the keyboard is almost perfectly mixed as it gets buried a couple of times. No comments on the vocals except that it feels like every notes had to be autotuned... Anyways good luck!

Thanks for trying to help out! ;)
But I simply disagree with the whole drums, bass and dynamics issue. I like it as it is. Keyboards need some more work to sit down nicely in the mix, that's true. Her voice was autotuned note by note as they were recorded in the rehearshal space in literally 5 minutes (first take) to try out vocal lines.

I may be the only one thinking this but I find her voice only a bit above average. She sings well but there´s nothing much appealing in his way of singing. She doesnt grabs the listener with her voice IMO. Anyway, nice mix and song.

Öwen;8999134 said:
I really like your music, but to be honest, I can't for the life of me ever make out the lyrics :erk:

As I said, nor the conditions neither the time were the adequate this time, as it was going to be a rough sketch of the vocal lines, so lyrics are just working lyrics, and me neither can understand what they say, not even listening to the solo'd tracks! :lol:

Cheers!:headbang:

@ 3:23 "I want to drown my pain so deep into the sea" :D I WIN ??

Kick drum and Snare are loud IMO but they sound great! kinda like sneap :)

I love the vocals on this - great voice + great production. I can't help thinking you could do with more from the overheads on the drums, although I do understand that with programmed drums they begin to sound fake when they're more present.

Geez, dude this stuff sound incredible. I am envious of your songwriting skills and mixing skills. Straight badassery man!

here sounds like the bassdrum is a tad too loud, everything else is sweeeeet

edit: and sweet in a good way :p

Like others have said, I think the mix sounds great...But I can definitely hear auto tune artifacts, which are distracting. as a pre-pro recording it doesn't really matter. And considering the circumstances of her tracking, it probably was truly necessary. I'm assuming this type of heavy autotuning wouldn't find itself an a "real" release.

Like others have said, I think the mix sounds great...But I can definitely hear auto tune artifacts, which are distracting. as a pre-pro recording it doesn't really matter. And considering the circumstances of her tracking, it probably was truly necessary. I'm assuming this type of heavy autotuning wouldn't find itself an a "real" release.

Thanks!

All the vocals you hear started from a single take wave file. I used melodyne to tune every note, even move some notes to the right key and create all the harmonies. :lol: You don't want to hear the raw material!

Cheers!

All I can say from my perspective is...

Drop the vocals... PLEASE

6 albums, 0 vocals, fucking love it.

Now there are vocals again and it messes everything up again :(

(Where) Can I buy the 6 albums? (Kyrie Eleison, Enchained To Infinity, The Last Awakening, Nevermore, Sacrifice and Tears of Destiny)

Greets

Thanks for your enthusiasm ;)

That project already died and I'm using some of these ideas in my new songs. Unfortunately for you, Dandelium is never going to be instrumental again, sorry!

Also, there are no albums available to sell nor I support their distribution anymore, just because that was just rough demos that can give the listeners a wrong idea of what is Dandelium, just like happened in your case.

Anyway you can find them all in torrents, taringa or any pirate download website on the internet, but as I never intended to distribute them (I underestimated the spread power of internet years ago), I never tried to get a label or sell them by my own.

Thank you very much for listening to my music.

Best wishes.
-Erik

I found your discography on that Taringa place you mentioned...and I was blown away by the amount of work you abandoned. :O You have like 60-70 songs in there dude.

Extremely well put together material, and good goddamn you have a shitload of songs... I had to jam a few youtube oldies. I do enjoy a good riffster over the shreddy stuff.