Danny Cavanagh + Leafblade + All My Faith Lost

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
AMFL is a local band really similar to Antimatter. I went in thinking it would be just another crappy local wannabe band, but they were really good. Violin, cello, acoustic guitar, flute, and piano...really good stuff. Still surprised they're from here.

Leafblade I had heard about only recently, a one-man acoustic melodic/folk project. Totally and completely blown away. Danny played with him for the vocal harmonies and second acoustic guitar. Definitely check them out.

Danny Cavanagh. What can I say? Brilliant as usual. Played completely alone, doubling his rhythmic parts with a Line6 pedal and doing everything all by himself. He did a bunch of Anathema stuff, Big Love by Fleetwood Mac, Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits, High Hopes by Pink Floyd, and then he got Sean from Leafblade to do a Simon and Garfunkel cover, which was brilliant. Super nice guys and a really nice show. Go see this tour if it comes near you if you're in Europe.

Will post pics/vids soon.

AMFL is a local band really similar to Antimatter. I went in thinking it would be just another crappy local wannabe band, but they were really good. Violin, cello, acoustic guitar, flute, and piano...really good stuff. Still surprised they're from here.

Leafblade I had heard about only recently, a one-man acoustic melodic/folk project. Totally and completely blown away. Danny played with him for the vocal harmonies and second acoustic guitar. Definitely check them out.

Danny Cavanagh. What can I say? Brilliant as usual. Played completely alone, doubling his rhythmic parts with a Line6 pedal and doing everything all by himself. He did a bunch of Anathema stuff, Big Love by Fleetwood Mac, Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits, High Hopes by Pink Floyd, and then he got Sean from Leafblade to do a Simon and Garfunkel cover, which was brilliant. Super nice guys and a really nice show. Go see this tour if it comes near you if you're in Europe.

Will post pics/vids soon.

AMFL are amazing. Highly recommended. And Danny did a couple of shows here with anneke, and they were really good

Wow, I didn't know you knew AMFL! I know them personally; Fabio, the violinist, plays violin in the same folk group as my wife. They live in Valvesone, which is like 15 km from my house. Fabio is also the new violinist for Elvenking...not a big fan but he's got a great touch and is a big step forward in terms of the violin position in that band.