Danny Cavanagh (anathema) Sean Jude (leafblade) acoustic tour

Gronke said:
The word "lona" is "to walk around like a crazy person" in north swedish-dialect :D

Just fyi :p
:lol:
but think the word Luna means the same for you too (the version with the two 'o'-s sticked on me because I was the best in class in English at those times :p it was around secondary school... or earlier?! don't know, really

Gronke, how is it pronounced, by the way? I have some slight knowledge on that you pronounce the words in some different way (damn different) than us. like you say some kind of 'o' instead of that 'a' with this ° thing on it. Am I wrong? And the way you say the name of ur home country, too. I'm studying finnish now, and it seems totally different too, not just in the way of pronouncing. I can't really see the point where we are related in our languages (with the finnish I mean), now as a beginner, for me it's more comparable to japanese, really :lol: wondering if I'll mix up the two or not :)

Loona said:
Gronke, how is it pronounced, by the way? I have some slight knowledge on that you pronounce the words in some different way (damn different) than us. like you say some kind of 'o' instead of that 'a' with this ° thing on it. Am I wrong? And the way you say the name of ur home country, too. I'm studying finnish now, and it seems totally different too, not just in the way of pronouncing. I can't really see the point where we are related in our languages (with the finnish I mean), now as a beginner, for me it's more comparable to japanese, really :lol: wondering if I'll mix up the two or not :)

Actually your language and finnish are closely related as you say - and it's more language-technical than when it comes to the pronounciation, if I don't recalll wrong. Swedish and Finnish aren't related AT ALL (thank god *haha*)

Finnish belongs to the Baltic-Finnic group of the Finno-Ugrian or Uralic language family - so now you know that :cool:

"Lona" is with a soft/full "o" in swedish. In finnish "sweden" (sverige) is routsi... so yeah, quite different :p

I know Finnish and Swedish are not related, but the thing I find a bit too far-fetched is when they compare Finnish and Hungarian. I already heard from some ppl that Finnish talk just the same was as we do (what is totally not true. okay, none of those who said this learned Finnish) and that Finnish is easy for us to learn... oh yes...
You know, in one hand I learn Finnish, and there they say we are related, and on the other hand I study Japanese and there they say Japanese and Hungarian are related, and have some clues for that as well... :ill: me, I don't really care, we can be related to both or none, I won't like or dislike them more for this reason as it doesn't mean that much for me, and I didn't start learning these just because of that relationship

Finnish and Hungarian are really related, the same language family, that doesn't mean they look the same, but a lot of words have common roots. As for Japanese, its verbal patterns are similar to Hungarian ones, or names for example, surname first and then first name after that. But Japanese is not related to Hungarian.

i know. but that's funny that ppl there are absolutley sure they are :) there was some prof who wrote a book on it, showing examples like word similarities and roots, but I forgot his name :( that would be an interesting thing to read it, being a bit far-fetched or not...

thankfully my name is not that common. we are only 5 in the country (mom, dad, my sister, my grandpa and me) but okay, my name is not Hungarian.
it is not only confusing, but can cause problems too. Here at us in our personal ID our mothers' name is included to avoid mixing-ups, it's not used in the European Union. I once heard of that -before we became Union members- there was someone who entered the Union and got arrested for stealing some car or what, when he was there last time. He was innocent, that's what he said, but of course the poice didn't believe him. Only in a few months (and with a lot of money) could they finally solve the problem, when they found out that there are so damn much ppl with this name (think it's like John Smith or something like that), and only on that day 9 ppl with this name were born. Someone, having the same name and birthdate stole that car, and later when another one went there, he got arrested... :p

Maqus said:
Finnish and Hungarian are really related, the same language family, that doesn't mean they look the same, but a lot of words have common roots.

Like was pointed out in the previous post :cool: ;)

Loona said:
thankfully my name is not that common. we are only 5 in the country (mom, dad, my sister, my grandpa and me) but okay, my name is not Hungarian.
it is not only confusing, but can cause problems too. Here at us in our personal ID our mothers' name is included to avoid mixing-ups, it's not used in the European Union. I once heard of that -before we became Union members- there was someone who entered the Union and got arrested for stealing some car or what, when he was there last time. He was innocent, that's what he said, but of course the poice didn't believe him. Only in a few months (and with a lot of money) could they finally solve the problem, when they found out that there are so damn much ppl with this name (think it's like John Smith or something like that), and only on that day 9 ppl with this name were born. Someone, having the same name and birthdate stole that car, and later when another one went there, he got arrested... :p

So you guys don't have a standard personal ID-number? Top class if not! :cool: :tickled:

Actually, we go by smell, that's why I'm fucked up cause I can't smell lately :( You know chemical maps are better than any ID number to identify someone.

Maqus said:
Actually, we go by smell, that's why I'm fucked up cause I can't smell lately :( You know chemical maps are better than any ID number to identify someone.

Oh crapper, then International terrorism ain't for you guys :loco: