Danny Cavanagh (anathema) Sean Jude (leafblade) acoustic tour

nyiregyh30.jpg

szeged17.jpg

there you go :)

Maqus said:
After the second cup of tea and a couple of failed attempts to connect... here it is :)

When I got there somewhat before nine, the guys were already playing the first Leafblade song. As for the venue, ship Artemovsk 38 (A38), we had air galore, so there was no problem, about 150 people came, due to the almost nonexisting promotion. Sean's hair is nicer in real life than in the photo, he was really great in a sexy black shirt, supercool flares and trendy trainers. He was drinking mineral water on stage, without bubbles. He is really nice, he said Danny was an amazing guitarist, and he likes him, just like all of us, and he perfectly knows that none of us came to see Leafblade but Danny the Wizard. The Wizard's hair is really short though, and he was wearing a red top. Uncanny. I have no idea about the Leafblade songs.

Though they didn't sound country-folk to me, first they sounded boring a bit but then the last four songs got my attention, and Mr. Jude looks like a suggestive performer. I really liked the Medieval Christmas song :) But my favourite was the one in which Danny played lots of harmonics, they sounded great with Sean's riffs.

After the Leafblade session of about 8-9 songs and a short break Danny came on stage, still in the red top. He didn't seem as elevated as last year in the theatre hall, and somehow I didn't feel elevated that much either, maybe that couldn't be brought back anyway. Still, the gig was very good again.

Fragile Dreams (guitar)
Deep (acoustic guitar)
Angelica (keyboard)
Are You There? (a.g. -- after starting it four times and some fucking hells the fifth attempt was really worth it, I'm not particularly fond of this song but it sounded really really great now with all the layers)
Forgotten Hopes (a.g.)
Lost Control (a.g. -- this one was one of the best songs in the set, "it was written by Duncan Patterson, who is going to release the Leafblade album in a couple of weeks [months?], Duncan Patterson has his label Strangelight Records, strangelight records dot com... strangelight hyphen records dot com, that is")
Hope (a.g.)
Pressure (a.g.)
Street Spirits (Radiohead - k.b.)
Electricity (k.b.)
Enjoy the Silence (DM - k.b.)
One Last Goodbye (k.b.)
I Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd - k.b.)
Cello Song (Nick Drake - a.g.)
A Natural Disaster (a.g.)
Temporary Peace (a.g.)
Flying (a.g.)

First encore -- with Sean
Road to California (Led Zeppelin)
The Boxer - Li La Li (Simon and Garfunkel)

Second encore -- with Sean (cause no one had anything better to do)
Stairway to Heaven (the best one in the set, with crazy guitars)

And it was 12 o'clock and time was just flyyyyying.

(Fuck, that's like thirty songs with the Leafblade ones o_O )

Going to California kicsim, de mindegy, imadlak! :)

AnnaLee said:
Going to California kicsim, de mindegy, imadlak! :)

You misinformed me then! :D Or I'm just deaf.

Yeah, for the sake of the others, AnnaLee was the source of information on the classics, hehe.

Maqus said:
You misinformed me then! :D Or I'm just deaf.

Yeah, for the sake of the others, AnnaLee was the source of information on the classics, hehe.

hehe...sorry to say you are deaf...sometimes...:)

:headbang:

just imagine his mother's labour :/

Sons just cause suffering to mothers. Well, to everyone.

*whatthefuckisdoooommetals*