Dan's BASS Guitars!!

Withstand_The_Fall_Of_Time said:
Not a very original topic... but oh well...
As a bass player myself I am very interested to hear what basses Dan owns/uses. He must have used them during Moontower, the 1st Nightingale, and any other side project.

Hm, I can't help you, but I ask myself if the Bass Guitar on C2 is real. Somehow I have the feeling that it's a keyboard-bass, or a sampled one. Dan? Enlighten us.

hell yes, interesting topic...

I haven't heard C2 yet (seems like I'll have it next week, when I'll get new money), but synth-bass lines would be strange...I mean it's so uncommon in metal. And I'd be really surprised because on stuff like Moontower there's always been "real" bass...

It's true. It's a software bass all over C2. It's called Trilogy and I used a 5 string "modern" samplebank that's like 74 MB pr something. I am allergic to uneven low frequency response, and I am a really crappy and lazy bassplaey, so software gave me just what I needed. There's no real bass on The Breathing Shadow (1st Nightingale) either.

Actually I like when you play bass Dan, like on Panthymoniums Dream II. I can always hear your basslines cause they are different from what the guitar is doing. Most bassists just fill out the guitar sound these days.

starchildo@aol.com said:
Actually I like when you play bass Dan, like on Panthymoniums Dream II. I can always hear your basslines cause they are different from what the guitar is doing. Most bassists just fill out the guitar sound these days.
Moontower totally sounds like it has real bass...it may not have the flashiest bass-lines, but it's well done IMO.