ozium

New Metal Member
Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
Danzig has been around for a long time.
Misfits/Samhain/Danzig
He's releasing his 7th album on June 4th,
"777:I Luceferi"
I've heard that this one is gonna sound alot more like the old Danzig, but I heard that last time, and didn't particularly get in to the last 2 albums.

Anyone heard the new album yet?

I've always liked Danzig, esspecially with the Misfits. But I like that under-produced hard core screaming punk sound.

I loved Danzig one Mother and Twist of Cain kick ass.

Danzig 2-6 sounded good (Even if Black acid Devil wasn't as good as other Industrial style metal) but lyricly it's all the same. I'm evil, I do bad things, I'm from hell, and I've come for your children. He needs some new ideas. At least with the Misfits he had all of that plus, songs of dead presidents, dead actresses and the traditional punk fuck you and I want kick your ass songs.

I will check out his new one and hopefully he has something different.

I also like Danzig 1,2,3, 4 is the decline to me, 5&6 are not good at all, he should leave that stuff to NIN and the like. Hears to hoping that 7 will be a return to the roots.

My friends brother adopts the persona of some sort of Metal oracle.
Three years ago he started harping on about Danzig and the Misfits and promised to take his little bro' to an upcoming show he had seen advertised. Unfortunatly Billy (the big bro') did not realise that Glen Danzig was never a member of Deicide........
*how we laughed*

I've never been a huge fan of his studio albums (but I love the Misfits), but I must say everytime I've seen Danzig live it has kicked ass. Especially at the first Ozzfest back in 1996, it was indoors and Biohazard kicked ass even though there was only like 5 people there when they opened at like 6:30(Riverfront Coliseum). Sepultura was slammin'!!!!!!! Of course the mullet ridden John Deer hat wearing bark at the moon owning folks didn't quite understand "Rattamahatta" so they booed and shit. I hate ignorant people. Turned out to be the last Sep tour w/ Max, glad I went. Then Danzig came out and he had the added bonus of Tommy Victor from Prong on guitar, it was great. Finally Ozzy came out, so I went to the beer line to get on Ozzy's wave length. Sorry, I find solo Ozzy to be about as gay as non-makeup KISS and post rehab Aerosmith. Except only worse. "Let me see your cigarette lighters" "Clap your hands, go fucking crazy" "Now I'm gonna do jumping jacks and shoot you with a water gun" Wow, what entertainment this guy provides.