Dark Tranquility mobile phone logo!!

:eek: :cool:

btw: at the Spanish thingy....well of course for non_Spanish speakers....Spanish it's that, just Spanish, no matter where is spoken! But well you can call it however you want, while you know what the heck we're talking about :D

Originally posted by FatherVic

No Jacinto, al revés...yo quiero que me hablen de "tu" por que es más chupi, me siento raro si me hablan de ustén, aún viniendo de una esclava ;) :p

No jacinto, not every flower bloom in springtime, some of them wait till summer, but this time I wanted to be fair with Siren, but well just couldn't ;) :p

fathervic (un tu cualquiera)

Oh, estoy profundamente apenado por no haber leido tu post a conciencia y me disculpo por ello, a mi tampoco me gusta que me hablen de usted, me hace sentir viejo siendo que todavía soy un párvulo.

Translation: It's a bit hard to translate this tu/usted issue, but Venancio (FatherVic) is threatening me with the second spaniard invasion in 500 years, it seems that that these guys want our national treasures: miguelitos and cajeta.

Originally posted by Melancholia
FV@ No,parlo una mica de catalá ;)

You're a multilingual troll indeed, I see. But let me correct you to learn a bit more: "català". The catalan accents could be ` or ´, but there's a simple rule with the "a": the accent is ` in every case. ;)

@Rei Toei: Yep, I understand your purpose, sometimes I'm too accurate with the expressions, and I was just setting the point. No offense meant, man.

@Thanatos: I apologize, I thought the post by Rei Toi was your post. I pray for your forgiveness. No comments in the issue with your Venancio, and personally I support you preserving the miguelito and the cajeta, no matter what in hell are. :saint:

|ngenius.

spanish has formal and informal ways of saying you the usage depending on the person you're talking to and/or the circumstances. they are:
tu (singular informal) / usted (singular formal)
vosotros (plural informal) / ustedes (plural formal)

obviously the difference doesn't come across in translating to english, but if you use the informal "you" where the formal is required, you run the risk of sounding presumptuous or even arrogant. let's say that 'tu' is used when talking with friends or close acquaintances in general, while 'usted' is used when talking with others.

astarte used usted with reference to fathervic, and both him and thanatos replied they prefer to be referred to as tu otherwise they feel rare, odd and pretty much older.

feel free to correct me if i mistook something :)

In the spanish from Spain it's just what you said (formal/informal usage). But ppl from South America use to say "usted" as normally to speak in an informal way. ;) (almost in some spaniard countries)

|ngenius.

|ng@ thanks for the correction :)
I hadn't even noticed the difference...
and stupidly enough it also took my some time to discover where the heck the "`" button is.... :cry: just above the ~~~~~~~~~~~button i use 2748632473 times a day.stupid me :rolleyes:

@thanatos: and vanilla Quick...well and flavoured La Lechera *yummy*
Viva México y mueran los gachupines ;)

@rei...just to add that in some southamerican countries (argentina for example) they also use "Vos" for single formal/unformal...and yeah, your translation was quite acurate :) thanx for doing the dirty job ;)

There's only an orthographic difference, my beloved troll. And your stupidty is great if it lets you to improve (almost... you now know where is that key, the world is a bit better!!! )

Gachupines? Nah, I won't ask...

|ngenius (tired & in peace)

yeah, you better don't ask ;)
it's not a great thing to be Spaniard the day of Mexico's independency, and hear Mexico's president shouting that on TV ;)
weird tradition, though!

Originally posted by |ngenius
And your stupidty is great if it lets you to improve

hmm... hope you don't mean she's very stupid if she still has to learn things like that... :D :p

we should all learn spanish. that would make the world a better place indeed. :)

rahvin.

yeah, you better don't ask ;)
it's not a great thing to be Spaniard the day of Mexico's independency, and hear Mexico's president shouting that on TV ;)
weird tradition, though!

I don't recall anyone saying something about spaniards in our independence day, everybody is interested only in eating as much pozole as posible and getting drunkexactly at 23:00.

Gachupines was a mean way to call spaniards in the colony days, it's not used very much nowadays.

@|ngenius and FatherVic: By the way, how does it feel to have Ned Flanders as the president of your country?

@Thanatos: Ned Flanders? I thought he was Charles Chaplin!!! :confused:

we should all learn spanish. that would make the world a better place indeed.

@Rahvin: A world full of gachupines? (That word sounds sooooo bad)

|ngenius (A gachupin, after all?)

Is "gachupines" by any chance somehow etymologically related to "chupi"?

well Ned Flanders would say Hola Holita...and I haven't heard that so far...I'll give him some time though....

as for gachupín, itself....it's quite the oposite siren, you know, how on earth could we discover something was already crowded???

fathervic (not really etimological)

So what the hell does gachupín mean then? :confused:

Siren (etymologically confused)

the strict translation for gachupín is "Spaniard"...
but you could only use it in Mexico...it's the "rude" way to name Spanish people, specially taken from the time when Spain invaded a BIG part of America....I'm still ashamed that we really thought we had discovered something, when it was full of people already living there...

Gachupín is a somewhat hateful way to call a spaniard.

I'm still ashamed that we really thought we had discovered something, when it was full of people already living there...

Well, you discovered that there were people living here before anybody else did, we had been hiding for so many years but the mighty spaniards ended our evil plan of hiding forever :lol: .