dark tranquility

deadnight

New Metal Member
Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
Anyone listen to them.. i just started too, i think they're great, but does anyone know anyone of a similar sound.. i guess Opeth but i think dt does circles around them.. thx for any tips

I totally agree with what's said above.DT are the ones that mostly got me into the whole swedish scene.Among other bands you could also check out Nightrage,a new band with members from several other bands like At The Gates,Evergrey,The Haunted etc etc

Ah the entrance into the world of melodic death...that was my starting place in metal.

You MUST (I emphasize MUST here) get the following albums from melodic death as they are perfect.

1) In Flames - The Jester Race
2) In Flames - Whoracle
3) Dark Tranquility - The Gallery
4) Dark Tranquility - Damage Done
5) Soilwork - Chainheart Machine
6) Mors Principium Est - Inhumanity
7) Beyond the Embrace - Against the Elements
8) Nightrage - Sweet Vengeance
9) At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
10) Nonexist - Deus Deceptor

these are in no particular order, but they are all 10/10 albums IMO and you have to have the pinnacles of melodic death at it's peak (the 2 above mentioned In Flames albums and DT's the Gallery).

Enjoy!

i don't much like whoracle. It has some good songs like gyroscope and episode 666, but overall it's not that great. i agree with most others though. Where's arch enemy's wages of sin though?

See, i loved web of lies. though i admit i usually loose interest after the first half (i like the last half, but i don't usually listen to all of it). I just feel it's better than whorical