Dark Tranquility?

Brotherelf

Nothing Left to Mutilate
May 28, 2001
Visit site
This is a band I have never heard before but I hear everybody always ranting & raving about them. I love finding great new music to hear. Can anybody give me some feedback on this?

Great melodic death metal band from gothenberg. The newest one is really weird. not really recommended. its good but pretty poppy. their best records are the gallery and the minds I. really emotional metal. you can really tell they put their hearts out playing it. the lyrics are some of the best ever penned, esp for metal. they deal with all kinds of cool ideas. hedon on the minds I is one of my fav songs. i probably prefer the minds eye to the the gallery, though both are pretty simiilar. its fast crazy intricate musci with complex arrangements and great vocals. the guitar work is stunning. great band. they kinda changed with projector though. they introduced come great clean vox and some other stuff. more keys and stuff. that's a great album as well. totally recommened.

I just can't get enough of 'haven.'

Yes, I agree, 'The Mind's I' and 'The Gallery' are their best albums, but haven kicks so much ass as well. I think 'projector' was a step in a new direction guitar-wise, and with haven they went back to the older stuff, although the drumming isn't as fierce and blazing anymore, and the use of keyboards might give some people bad vibes.

I really like everything Dark Tranquillity has released.

I'm with Anthony on this one... "Projector" was my preferred DT release. I think I just have a thing for that style... the occasional (but not overbearing) use of keys/electronics and Mr. Stanne's use of clean vocals. I thought that record more so than the others really lived up to their name: Dark Tranquility

Originally posted by Peter Karlzzon
Check out Sadus instead if you want some real music.

that was funny......sure Sadus is ok, but not Dark Tranquillity good. :)