Dark Tranquility

If you consider yourself a fan of more brutal Gothenburg death metal bands, such as Dissection, At the Gates and Arch Enemy, then you should check The Mind's I or The Gallery.

If you are not, go with Projector.

Originally posted by despair
the gallery... dont buy projector, its not the dt style...

sadly this is true. DT is one of my favorite bands but i hate them for not keep following the projector progression line. They would be the end-it-all ultimate band to me but noo they are almost back to the minds I era by now. Dont get me wrong there is progression ( otherwise i wouldnt even call it dark tranquillity, there is no DT without progression ) but it is clear that we know their cycle now, maybe in a couple of years they will get "fed up" with intensity and speed and they will focus on melancholy and sentiment again but right now thats not gonna happen.

Yea thats fucking great, having the talent to be sentimental and melancholic and waste it, im shure very happy that they didnt had the balls to keep in the line of music projector presented as long as they "have it in them"

Indeed, Damage Done will be an album for the ages. Dark Tranquillity tops themselves with each successive release, so work your way backwards, I'd say. Unless you like delayed gratification

Get Damage Done i say :)
Otherwise it really depends on what style you prefer the most :)

Get The Gallery first. "Lethe" is possibly my favourite death metal song of all times!

I recommend you get The Mind's I if you like The Gallery, since it's a good follow-up.

NP: Dream Theater - Images & Words

Projector...
Even if it's a special album in DT's discography, it's on of the more various, and, in my opinion, their best album. A masterpiece...

Otherwise, you can buy the last one, "Damage done"