Dark Tranquillity DVD?

I asked Stanne and he says CM wants to do one but they don't have enough good material yet. Unfortunately we know what happened at Wacken: The filmcrew that shot every band was on lunch break...

Yes, the Wacken show was supposed to be our first real live CD and DVD, but as you know that fell though because of stupid scheduling misunderstandings. We actually got a 30-minute briefing before the gig about how the recording was planned and what we should keep in mind during the show, so we got pretty confused when we started playing and discovered that there were no camera people on the stage at all.

We don't really have much video material recorded, so a DVD release in the near future isn't very likely. But something will probably happen sooner or later.

/Niklas

How about recording a gig on a headlining tour for the new album? You could then put the videoclips on there as well and some backstage stuff. That would be awesome in my opinion.

ehmmmmm personally I had some dislike on bands that run into a DVD just because there it is, the tech to do it....
but after watching the Dream Theater one I can't wait for the possibilities that one by Dark T can bring!!!!!!!!!

fathervic (who considers how powerfull can be a DVD artdirected by Niklas!!!)

Originally posted by FatherVic
fathervic (who considers how powerfull can be a DVD artdirected by Niklas!!!)

@FatherVic: Pelota (Translation: Ball (Hey, is the real translation, if you don't understand the meaning, is your problem :p ))

Pase la pelota por favor!!!!!!!!!!

A DVD would be killer, I dont care what reason a band does it, if their a good band I look forward to it. Just to see all the stuff Ill most likely never see (live stuff). Well it may be a ways off but itll be amazing when it comes.

yes i would love a DT dvd. i want alot of dvds now that i got a dvd player. i want emperors dvd and there is a pantera one coming out that i wouldnt mind having. DT would just add to the greatness!

am i the only one who noticed niklas said they're likely going to be headliners next time on tour? :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

eventually i'll get to skip watching bloody in flames for the bloody third time! :)

rahvin.

i just realize how blessed germany is considering the huge amount of live shows, including some mayor festivals around here. haaahaaa! :D

Originally posted by Hedon
I don't know if we're _likely_ to do a headline tour, but we'll certainly do our best to make it happen.

ok, ok, that was just the excitement talking. ;)
it'd be great if it happens because we're probably going to hear a few songs more than the usual 8-10 and there would maybe be time for some variations on a couple of tunes (i'm shamelessly suggesting now, in case someone was distracted:D ).
but we won't complain if it doesn't: label-level decisions are label-level decisions, and the usual tour wasn't bad at all anyway, and at least you never toured with slipknot, possibly the most hated band around here. ;)

rahvin.

Im not gonna be the average forum fan and beg you to come to my town but...........ok so I am. If you guys do headline a tour, drop by the U.S, San Fransisco more likely por favor =). Anyway, if you guys headlined id go see you, if you opened id see you, if you werent even playing and just sitting at the bar id come and see you. Hehe, as long as your playing somewhere near me im happy.

:headbang: