Dark Tranquillity in Italy, Nov 2003?

wildfyr

unus spiritus est
Oct 10, 2001
real-time
eyesoffyr.com
o_O Well? Did it happen? Our Italian friends have been conspicuously silent. I thought there'd be at least a review or two by now but so far there hasn't been a peep! And why is no one else here curious to ask? What gives? Did I miss something? *confused*

Reactions: The Grand Wazoo
NOONE CAAAARES? OH NOOOEESSSS. :cry:

eh, you're right. the band probably went to tour sambuca factories. :rolleyes: :p

as for everyone else here... Question-Answer...Question-Answer... it's so mentally draining... i don't know if i can take anymore.... *goes to hang self*

(hah) ^__^

I think our Italian friends are dazed out.

DAMAGE DONE!

@Aragoth: Bad excuse :eek:
In fact, no excuse at all? :p
Tsssssss what excuse can you have dopotutto :eek:, for not going to a DT gig
Like they're on tour that regurlarly .__.

Yeah! Speak up! :err:
I thought I'd miss all the fun, being away this weekend, but ..
No reactions whatsoever? :err:
It just sucked, didnt it? :p
Please say so, I am feeling horribly jealous here :p

i've been to one of the concerts, on saturday night. i'm sorry if i didn't post anything yesterday but i was dead tired (got home at about 5 am o_O ).
it's been a great show, the setlist was pretty much the same as the one on the last tour, with most of the songs from damage done/haven and a couple of songs from each other album (except skydancer).
as for the new song, called "one fourth" (if i understood it correctly), the first impression is quite positive. i liked especially the drum work and the keyboards. i'm looking forward to the release of the new album, that should be on the first half of the next year, as mikael said. ;)

this is just a brief review, i'm sure rahvin will come up with a more exhaustive and detailed description. :p

Miolo

i was at the gigs in bergamo, reggio emilia and florence. aside from what miolo reported (the title of the new song is "one thought", btw, and it's rather aggressive/complicated, with a few resemblances to white noise black silence and what in my opinion is a beautiful keyboards middle part), i must say that the shows went very well and the band was in great shape. the three venues were big enough and the public quite enthusiastic - especially when it came to asking for autographs - with a good solid approval during the performance of the new song.

i suppose some might be expecting a humourous tale featuring the funniest anecdotes, such as how kind and friendly the guys have been (more than words can say: hi folks, see you soon), how much alcohol was ingested and how many pictures have been taken with supposedly homo-erotic content. but i don't feel exceptionally talkative at the moment, as the fact that i haven't been posting anything for about a week should suggest, so forgive me for "pulling this tranquillian" on you: i really don't mean to tease and will maybe get back to writing on and off topic at another time.
it's not even that i'm in an exceptionally bad mood (not now) or on the verge of disaster, i simply guess all the scandinavian atmosphere got me more thoughtful and less communicating. in addition to that, in less than three weeks i'm off for some holidays in the homeland, hometown of our favourite band, and that will clearly mean more time off of here. if you miss me, next time you can try aiming closer to the ground. :heh: :err:

rahvin said:
the title of the new song is "one thought", btw
wall.gif

i'm an idiot. :p

oh, i forgot to mention the only disappointment of the show: no insanity's crescendo. :cry:

Miolo

since it's probably something the majority here might be interested in... here's the list of songs played on the five italian dates, sorted by album. the setlists were identical.

- punish my heaven
- lethe

- zodijackyl light

- the sun fired blanks
- therein

- haven
- the wonders at your feet
- indifferent suns

- final resistance
- hours passed in exile
- monochromatic stains
- the treason wall
- single part of two
- damage done
- white noise / black silence

- one thought

rahvin said:
it's not even that i'm in an exceptionally bad mood (not now) or on the verge of disaster, i simply guess all the scandinavian atmosphere got me more thoughtful and less communicating. in addition to that, in less than three weeks i'm off for some holidays in the homeland, hometown of our favourite band, and that will clearly mean more time off of here. if you miss me, next time you can try aiming closer to the ground. :heh: :err:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

hmmm. okay. thanks for the info, guys. your thoughts on the shows and the new song sounds promising! sorry to be so inquisitive. didn't mean to put anyone on the spot. :err:

The Grand Wazoo said:
Oooone thouuuught (8) :p
Or something
*waits*
i don't have the lyrics yet, and they're probably not in their final stage anyway. after the third listening live i could make out one line in the verses ("what is it that we see") and possibly the refrain ("one thought, bringing him/it down / one thought, switch it off", which is also the part that reminds me of "like moths to the flame we go"). it's really not much and any other rant on the song would just be rather irrelevant or confusing: i'm not a musician so i can't get technical about it, and saying that the very beginning is sung in a fast, nether novas-like way is probably not enough to make you have multiple orgasms on the spot. not that you folks need any, mind you. ;)

rahvin said:
and saying that the very beginning is sung in a fast, nether novas-like way is probably not enough to make you have multiple orgasms on the spot.

don´t count on it.

are you refering to the "falling back into the arms..." part?