Dark Tranquillity to tour North America this spring

Hey all, im new here obviously, kind of a new DT fan. I finally got to see them live on the 10th at Recher in Towson and I was kinds dissapointed, mainly because the sound was really messed up. Alot of things were turned down alot lower then the other bands, you couldnt hear most of the guitar parts and the keys, its was all bass drums and vocals almost. Is this a normal thing for them or was the sound just royal fucked up? Terminus just had no power to it at all, just sounded like crap to me, I may go to Jaxx just to see them live but if its gonna sound the same Im not gonna bother. Anyone at the show notice this?

Hey all, im new here obviously, kind of a new DT fan. I finally got to see them live on the 10th at Recher in Towson and I was kinds dissapointed, mainly because the sound was really messed up. Alot of things were turned down alot lower then the other bands, you couldnt hear most of the guitar parts and the keys, its was all bass drums and vocals almost. Is this a normal thing for them or was the sound just royal fucked up? Terminus just had no power to it at all, just sounded like crap to me, I may go to Jaxx just to see them live but if its gonna sound the same Im not gonna bother. Anyone at the show notice this?

The sound wasn't that bad... of all I can remember :Smug:

Guess it's a matter of preference and also where you stand in the venue...Some people said that the sound was excellent in Towson, but the acoustics of the venue are a bit weird. In addition, we had no soundcheck and only had 15 minutes before the show to get everything set up, and during those circumstances it's impossible to get an optimal sound. You make sure that you have a signal for each instrument and then you start playing a.s.a.p. in order not having to cut any songs from the set.

But at Jaxx we'll headline and will have plenty of time for soundcheck, so give it a shot.

yea I was standing in the middle of the venue at about the same distance back as to where the sound guy sits and it just sounded weird to me, the other bands sounded fine tho and i have been to a bunch of recher shows so maybe it was just me i guess lol, I think I will come to the Jaxx show to see them again, DT was the main reason I went to this show :headbang:

Actually, Steebin, I would've described the sound exactly as you did. (I was on the left edge of the moshpit.) You could only hear the keys when everything else cut out. And, no, they don't usually sound like that -- it was a fluke, to be sure. You should definitely go to the Jaxx show.

Not much longer! I'm so excited. I'm still considering going to the Regina show, although I'm worried that I wouldn't be able to make it home in time for the Calgary show.

The Towson show was totally unsatisfying. Shortest DT set I've ever seen, just about 30 minutes I think. So I'll definitely be going to the headlining show at Jaxx.

Arch Enemy fans are embarrassing. First of all, AE has a shirt with their pentagram logo thing on the front and "PURE FUCKING METAL" on the back, which is such a sad, pathetic, base shirt appealing to the lowest common denominator of metal fans. Second, everyone there was wearing it, which was lame. And then, I'd gotten there late, trying to miss Firewind, and I asked someone if either of "the two opening bands" had gone on yet, and he got all confused and said, "Well, there are three opening bands. One band has gone on, but there's still two more before Arch Enemy." People just don't understand.

Ugh, that is what I am worried about with the kind of brats that Arch Enemy attracts. I hate shit like that. It's like the first time I saw Dark Tranquillity with DevilDriver and Opeth, and the obnoxious little DevilDriver fans were throwing shit at Opeth. God that pissed me off.

If I post it, I might make some people upset.

Here - I'll take all the blame (the one for main support New York show):

terminus
the lesser faith
the treason wall
the wonders at your feet
focus shift
misery's crown
punish my heaven
my negation
final resistance

Well for the length of the show the song choice is a bit disappointing but in a longer one I'd love to see all those played. I know last year they were co-headlining so i guess entitled them to a 13 or 14 song setlist or whatever it was, but 9? They are main support though(for some reason), they should get at least a solid hour i think!!

Wouldn't mind knowing what the set list is if possible, I like surprises but I also like knowing what I'll be enjoying for the evening! :p