Darkened Soul

darkenedsoul

Darkened Soul
It's my dark ambient project. I am over at Darkened Soul at myspace as well as Darkened Soul at ArtistServer.com and like a lot of others at Darkened Soul at Soundclick.com. My project is a Dark Ambient one and I am its sole member. I've released 2 CD's, contributed to Nulll-Void compilation, Nothingness Records compilation (waiting for it to see the light of day still...), Dark Drone Project over at www.darkduck.net as well as a free download area under Downloadian at www.gearsofsand.net and a loop project from www.darkwinter.com.

Samples, loops, some live MIDI playing (more coming in future stuff) and I am thinking of doing another project geared more towards martial/industrial dark ambient like Desiderii Marghinis and the like (CMI bands). I am selling my CD-R with printed artwork in full sized jewel cases for $9.25 via paypal off my website shipped worldwide and have copies still available if anyone would like to purchase them after checking out my music.

I hope you enjoy it (if you like soundscapes-like stuff and stuff like Kammarheit, Instincts, Northaunt, Desiderii Marghinis, etc..).

Mike

I will be doing a split with the keyboardist from Withersoul sometime in the near future. Waiting to hear from him so I can get a listen to his stuff so I know where I should go with my parts. Also looking at starting a new project tentatively titled 'Mired in Twilight" which I hope to work in the veins of Dargaard and Arcane and such. It's tough due to so many influences but I want to give this a shot!

Mike

Just an update, I've completed 2 tracks for my split with Withersoul's keyboardist Wiley so far towards about an hours worth of music between the two of us (hoping for ~30 mins each). Going along with his idea/concept for the music so far. I have about 20 mins more to work up for it to be done and then the mastering between my tunes/his tunes begins as well as artwork tweaking. I think he's doing the artwork so I'll be doing the layout most likely.

More to come. So far it's sounding ok on my end for my initial 2 trks.

Mike

Well, my tracks are completed for the split with Fearsore at this point. I hope to put either one track up or a sample over at myspace at some point in the near future. Need to get his tracks + artwork to make up some promo packages to shop around. More news as it's available.

Mike / Darkened Soul

Update - the split is definitely still on. Waiting on a missing track and artwork from Fearsore and then I'll start putting a package together. Looks like it'll be going out on either Oak Knoll or Burnt Oak Productions possibly for the beginning of the year. I haven't gotten a title from Fearsore yet on it and it will contain 12 tracks, 5 from Darkened Soul and 7 from Fearsore running about 60 mins total time.

Once this is solidified I'll post more on it (or on my Darkened Soul myspace page).

Mike

I have WIley's 7 tracks on-hand as well as my 5 for a total of 12 running about an hours worth of varying dark ambience/industrial/classical music. Overall I like it! Now to get artwork stuff in the works/finalized so we can get something to Jeremy for either OKP or BOP for a release in the next couple months (hopefully depending on a) how quickly we get this done and b) how busy Jeremy is with how many we want to put out.

Mike/Darkened Soul

Artwork initial pass has been sent to me for proofing/reviewing the layout. I am not sure if he just sent me the back cover or what as I haven't looked at it yet. But the audio is done for both of us, now on to get the artwork out of the way, laid out and get this thing put out somewhere! Oak Knoll, Burnt Oak are still possibilities. When that's settled I'll post about it.

Mike

I've got a track titled Visu going out on Italian label Umbra's compilation called Foglands. It was originally going to be on The Threshold of Silence compilation but one of the artists on it didn't like his track and wanted to redo it/remaster it or replace it (Gigi had already gotten the master and copies of them done....) so that ons is on hold. Looks like I'll do another track for The Threshold of Silence in the near future so I have one ready for Gigi. Not sure on release date but should be fairly soon for Foglands.

Artwork for the split with Fearsore is done! Now to do the layout and see how it all fits. Once I'm happy with that (later this week I will be working on that) I'll be making up some copies to shop around. Looks pretty decent. We'll see how it looks once printed. Now to find some clear jewel cases around here.

Mike

Website has been revamped and relaunched! So sign up and you can download my first full length including artwork for printing to printable CD's or labels. Includes all 9 tracks at high bitrate (320kbps) and inserts/cd label artwork. I let my old domain expire after several years (forlorn-souls.net) so update your bookmarks.

Still no bites on the split release situation. I will be getting some made up sometime soon. I don't need a huge run...25-50 to split between me and Wiley to start, make more as needed after that. I should be starting work on new material or reworking a track or two not released to maybe do a long EP or split with another cohort in music-crime. We'll see. Mired In Twilight needs to get going on material as well. I hope to get something recorded in the next couple of weeks while I have the synth at home.

New track done. Still slowly finding time to work on more stuff and muck with the sound. I've got >30 Mins of stuff done for it. So that means about 2-3 more tracks and I will have enough to decide which ones I will put on a new release (maybe all...we'll see how they work together...).

I've finished 6 tracks and have sent off a copy to Hypnos for consideration on their Secret Sounds releases. Hopefully Mike will be interested and will put it out. He also has my 2nd release in his store which was put out on Italian label Umbra (home of Oophoi). I put a new track over at my artistserver.com page as well as a different one at my sounclick.com page if you care to check them out. Both will be on the release.

Official release of Darkened Soul at Hypnos Secret Sounds label. 6 tracks ~49 mins in length. Samples will be up off the hypnos site soon. Artwork and track listing is there already. This is my 3rd full length and first one out on Hypnos' Secret Sounds label.

It's been long enough for me to get it out finally! I am proud and happy it's being released on Hypnos!

Mike

Offical release at Hypnos label of Darkened Soul - Bathys as of 5/14/2008. I am proud to have my 3rd release out on Hypnos label!

I have also changed my shopping cart on my website and it's up and running. My current releases are available for purchase through my store. Dreamscapes is available for free on the web at earthmantra.com, last.fm, and my website if you register on it so no need to purchase it. I believe I included artwork at most of those sites for those who like to print out labels/inserts/cd's.

Mike