DAVE GOLD JOINS GATES OF WINTER

stevenfurgiuele

The Godfather
Apr 7, 2007
gowDG1.jpg

Announcement from Gates of Winter’s bassist and manager Steve Angelo Furgiuele:

The time has come for Gates of Winter to embark on the next phase in our short history. Thus far throughout our five year run, we have embraced many hardships and enjoyed successes that have kept the fire alive in our hearts and the dream alive for many. We’ve experienced many downfalls which only left us stronger and brought about a more unified Gates of Winter – both musically and personally as brothers.

With our newly released ‘Lux Aeterna’ album and plans for touring Canada at hand – we come to you with an announcement… a breath of fresh air and new light into our world. Our lineup now stands 100% complete as we welcome Woods of Ypres’ very own David Gold into our family. The four of us know Dave is the absolute perfect fit on the skins for us adding experience, knowledge and sheer passion for the metal community.

We await his return from Korea so we may practice, hit the road… and then record our follow up to ‘Lux Aeterna’ come winter of 2008.

Much love and respect,

Steve Angelo Furgiuele

BLABBERMOUTH - http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92838
BW-BK - http://www.bravewords.com/news/85414

Awesome! This is amazing news!!! Good luck to GoW and Dave.

Now for the obligatory question:
Is there a chance that Woods will play as a warm up for GoW?

It's true!

http://www.bravewords.com/news/85414

I've recently accepted the offer to join GATES OF WINTER as their full time drummer for touring and recording.

I will be recording with NECRAMYTH (www.youtube.com/DavidYpres) this spring and playing as many shows as we can before I leave Korea. Upon returning to Canada this July, my focus will be with GoW to prepare for shows, writing and the eventual recording.

WOODS OF YPRES will continue and there will be more releases, but these things do take time to write. In the meantme, I'm always thinking. Good things will come of all of this.

It's funny how things go, eh? Here's to the future!

More as it develops! Thanks as always for your support!!!

DG - w/

Personally I am a huge fan of Woods of Ypres - this will not affect any future work with them as I would personally love to see them grow as a band and eventually tour!

Another BWBK news bulletin:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/85543

As previously reported, Canada's GATES OF WINTER recently announced WOODS OF YPRES frontman/drummer David Gold has joined them as the man behind the kit. Gold has issued the following statement:

"It's true!

I've recently accepted the offer to join Gates Of Winter as their full time drummer for touring, writing and recording. I will be recording with NECRAMYTH this spring and playing as many shows as we can before I leave Korea. Upon returning to Canada this July, my focus will be with Gates Of Winter to prepare for shows, writing and the eventual recording.

Woods Of Ypres will continue and there will be more releases, but these things do take time to write. There will be much, much more! In the meantme, I'm always thinking. :)

Good things will come of all of this. It's funny how things go, eh? Here's to the future! :kickass:

More as it develops! Thanks as always for your support!!!"

Thanks again for the warm welcome! Here's my recent post on the Woods forum about my immediate plans:

Well, the NECRAMYTH (www.youtube.com/DavidYpres) thing is obviously temporary. I've been rehearsing and playing shows with them since last September and we will be recording their new album in April. Because we've jammed so much together this past year, we decided that it would be best to record the drums 'live off the floor' in the studio (without a click track, but with the other guys playing along) in order to capture the 'live' feel of a NECRAMYTH performance. With any luck, we'll successfully capture some of that brutal intensity you make from four guys hammering out death metal in a cramped rehearsal space 2-3 times a week for a year. That has been us. btw - I'm actually attending the wedding of NECRAMYTH frontman Pedro Chae to his long time g/f tomorrow. Pedro is famous for being one of the most dedicated guys in the Korean Metal scene and he has become a really great friend of mine this past year. I could go on, lots to say here. But anyways, I'm making the best of my last few months + I'll have a CD to show for it!

The GATES OF WINTER gig is obviously a big one and I'm thrilled to have this opportunity. What are the odds that the Ontario metal band that I've recently been most impressed with and interested in happens to be from my original hometown and were needing a drummer? ...just as I was "going through changes". The stars are aligned and shit. We had been in touch with each other for a few months already, but I recently decided to make a decision and go for it 100%. GOW will now be my focus upon returning to Canada in July. The guys are all doing a great job of welcoming me home and easing my return to Canadian soil. I am already forever greatful and I've promised to give them all I got. To be back in the North and playing drums in a heavy band...I am very, very excited about this!

Further behind the scenes, WOODS will be in 'writing mode' (in my brain) until further announcements. The 'Spring/Green' album is on my mind, but as previously mentioned, there may be a few other things to get off my chest, first. Who knows, before 'Spring' the cold North may inspire me, yet again!

Thanks as always for reading + thanks for all the kind words of encouragement in these strange times! You guys make me smile! :heh:

See you, coming soon, to the NOOOOOOOOOOOORTH!!!

David Gold - \w/

:kickass:

Who did the drums for the first album??? I do hope you keep doing that heavy drumming,hell every instrument that was used on the album is what slayed me the first time I ever heard a GOW tune,I hope the 2nd album blows me away too! Been listening to hard rock/heavy metal/progressive metal since 1969,and very few bands first debut catch my ear,and Lux is one of them,keep it up!

Hey ProgMetal_Lover

Foremost thanks for taking the time to swing by dude! Jon Harvey performed the drums on the album and spent roughly 10 months in the band.
With Dave Gold in the fold ... the drumming is only going to get heavier, faster and thrive off of his playing style. We're all gunning to up the power on the next disc musically - so if you liked Lux... hang on for GoW2 which is already underway with songwriting.

tell your friends :)