HELP GATES PLAY PROGPOWER USA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenfurgiuele

The Godfather
Apr 7, 2007
Post here to show your support to help GATES OF WINTER play @ ProgPower USA and join the elite metal bands of the US in this prestigious festival!!!

September 26th and 27th in Atlanta GA!!!!

No one wants this more than us! Please give us your support!!!

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM THE PROG POWER FORUM - YOU MAY SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FULLY BY POSTING HERE! IT IS ALL IN GOOD FUN - WE DO NOT WANT TO UPSET ANYONE IN ATTEMPTING TO PLAY THIS FESTIVAL

Pretty amazing when our local media step up to the plate! Thank you Ms. Slackhopper!!
http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=30751

It seems that Sault Ste. Marie's gods of prog metal have caught the attention of some important people in the music biz.

That's right - Gates of Winter have been given the opportunity of a lifetime, but the boys need some help from faithful SooToday.com readers.

They were recently contacted by Glenn Harveston, promoter and founder of ProgPower USA, wondering if they'd be interested in playing the festival.

Now in its ninth year, ProgPower USA takes place in Atlanta, Georgia on September 26 and 27, highlighting the best in North American progressive metal music.

Harveston said of our local boys: "Gates of Winter is one of the most promising bands to emerge in the past few years. If [the album] Lux Aeterna is a glimmer of what is to come, then everyone needs to prepare to get their a$$ kicked now."

In order to help Gates of Winter secure a spot at the festival, a few simple steps are required.

First, follow this link and register as a user.

After receiving your confirmation e-mail, post your support here in the official Gates of Winter forum.

Lastly, keep your fingers crossed that our boys are awarded the opening slot at this amazing festival.

The album Lux Aeterna is available from any Gates of Winter band member, or on-line at Gatesofwinter.com.

I would deffinatly take the trip to watch Gates of Winter play no matter where it was ..
Hope to see yous all there:headbang:

Hey guys, I really like your band and I would love to see you live, but having people spam the ProgPower board probably isn't the best way to get it done. It'll hurt GoW's chances more than anything.

Gimme the GATES, baby! Serious, Gates of Winter should DEFINITELY play this festival. Their new CD is amazing and they're easily the best new metal talent coming out of Canada. Let 'em in and they will rock people's faces 'till they look like Chernobyl victims.

- ROCK ON -

MLN

Gates of Winter ftw!
Especially if just for me to make fun of Steve's inhumanly long bass-playin' fingers of doom! :0

Damn right Gates should play the fest. They're quickly becoming elite musicians in their own right. I get all teary eyed when I think of seeing them at the local venues... These guys have come so far as musicians, as brothers, no one deserves this more than these guys. I'm with you guys all the way.

I will go and see Gates of Winter anywhere they go.....it's time the ol US of A experienced this new band that is the next biggest thing!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.