Dave Lombardo Back In Testament!

My dad was into hard rock from the 70s and 80s, bands like Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Zeppelin, Guns and Roses , and he even liked Metallica. He promised to always be opened minded about my music. That shit lasted until I played a Slayer album through the family stereo. He said it went against it his soul and threatened to destroy it if I ever played it in his house again.:lol: I smartened up and hid that shit in my room, haha. :headbang:

My mum used to say non-confrontational things like "I don't hate it but I don't need to listen to it." And with KISS it was always "I don't mind the music but I don't want to look at them!" My dad only ever said "turn that shit down", but it wasn't a put down, it was because he was trying to do something, he never really said anything for or against my music. Things changed a little in 86 when I introduced him to Jump and Dreams, and he promptly started using bits and pieces of those songs plus a few others for the videos he was making.

My mum used to say non-confrontational things like "I don't hate it but I don't need to listen to it." And with KISS it was always "I don't mind the music but I don't want to look at them!" My dad only ever said "turn that shit down", but it wasn't a put down, it was because he was trying to do something, he never really said anything for or against my music. Things changed a little in 86 when I introduced him to Jump and Dreams, and he promptly started using bits and pieces of those songs plus a few others for the videos he was making.
He must have really been pissed when you played him that Slammed classic Pump up the jam! :p