Dave Lombardo Back In Testament!

Geez Debbie Downer! At least give me half a day of bliss! :p

You can have as much bliss as you like, but poor images really shit me. Come back in a week when you've have time to bliss away and have another look at the picture, it's unbelievable they chose that as the promo shot.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I think The Gathering had a little bit of room to improve. We'll never know how great the next one would have been since Chuck got sick. And you're right and Slammed is right. It's been a long time. But I'm still rooting for it!
How much did Murphy actually contribute? There's not a whole lot of soloing on there. What there is is fantastic but it's not a lot.
I'm just being lazy. I can look at the creds in my cd.

In this country when root something you have sex with it. Rooting for something would be like "Yes dear I only fucked your sister to make you feel better that she was happy!
But I digress!
I think we are all hoping for the best, but we do have to accept that it might not happen. If we accept that and make excuses for it now we'll be prepared down the track :p

I'm going to say that Murphy's drumming was not a patch on what Dave could offer for the next album!

I'm not really surprised Gene chose SYL over Testament, his music at the time was a lot closer to SYL, but as to how much truth there really is in wiki's facts I don't think anyone will ever know!
Yeah it was something pretty new and different that he was helping to build from the ground up. As I recall it was pretty much just Devin before.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
In this country when root something you have sex with it. Rooting for something would be like "Yes dear I only fucked your sister to make you feel better that she was happy!
But I digress!
I think we are all hoping for the best, but we do have to accept that it might not happen. If we accept that and make excuses for it now we'll be prepared down the track :p

I'm going to say that Murphy's drumming was not a patch on what Dave could offer for the next album!
Oh yeah? I may have to start spreading that around! Hey! You damn farmers! Stop rooting around with my cherries! Heh? Heh? :p

Hahaha. No I refuse! :lol:. Greatness shall be great! :erk:

Hahaha. Murphy, secretly the best drummer ever.

Yeah it was something pretty new and different that he was helping to build from the ground up. As I recall it was pretty much just Devin before.

It was also more his style at the time. He'd always been a heavy drummer but he was into weirder shit around that time and if Testament hadn't offered him a permanent seat I can see why he's think SYL was his main focus. But I can also see why Testament wouldn't have just offered him the seat when he had so many other things on the go. The idea that he left without telling them SYL was his focus was probably more internet BS than actual fact.

Oh yeah? I may have to start spreading that around! Hey! You damn farmers! Stop rooting around with my cherries! Heh? Heh? :p

Hahaha. No I refuse! :lol:. Greatness shall be great! :erk:

Hahaha. Murphy, secretly the best drummer ever.

No wonder we don't want to eat cherries this year if that what the farmers are doing to them :p

Where be this greatness? :rolleyes:

Well I for one don't understand why they stopped him drumming!

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d...-right-moment-for-him-to-return-to-testament/

So basically Chuck just settled on the first call he got, he didn't even consult with the band. If Murphy had heard the news first he'd have got the job :)

Edit: As much as I hate to admit I read the comments that John Ellsworth cockhead has got a point about what Alex said. We know Alex doesn't run Testament but from memory that statement from Alex came a day or so after Chuck supposedly hired Dave.

I would suggest he does, Gene's got about 10 years up with the band, he was a hired gun but he's also done studio work with them, helped the music writing etc. Dave only did one album and pulled out before touring that album so I'd imagine he's on quite a bit less than Gene. Makes perfect business sense, at least initially, because while they might have hired him for his name and ability he is still the new guy. So while I think he's probably got himself a payrise it wouldn't make business sense to pay him what they paid Gene for a few years at least.

If the rumours are true he gets a lot less than Gene now. I have no idea what Testament paid Gene but the rumour is that one of the reasons he quit touring was because he'd been offered the gig as a session drummer at a leading studio so close to home that it meant he could follow his own projects and still get what some people suggest is a weekly wage that puts being a touring muso to shame.

But you'd also have to suggest that bands like ST and Misfits were not super high paying gigs. Neither played what I could consider a full time circuit and in both bands he'd have only been a hired gun who got a portion of what the main players got. Dead Cross he might have a better percentage but how many gigs did they really play? And according to redfly Lombardo killed Patton so there is no money there :)

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/d...-right-moment-for-him-to-return-to-testament/

So basically Chuck just settled on the first call he got, he didn't even consult with the band. If Murphy had heard the news first he'd have got the job :)

Edit: As much as I hate to admit I read the comments that John Ellsworth cockhead has got a point about what Alex said. We know Alex doesn't run Testament but from memory that statement from Alex came a day or so after Chuck supposedly hired Dave.
I completely skipped over his comment. Are you saying I have to go read it? Because that dude has more chips on his shoulder than a lumberjack.

I wonder if this Gathering reunion that they were talking about before the pandemic would have included Murphy? Maybe Alex would been happy to keep doing his jazz and rap stuff for a tour?

Anyway by the statement everything sounds pretty cool. Everyone is happy and are excited for the future and that's really the best thing for the health of the band.

Lombardo seems to have become another hired gun, which is sad to see, especially for an aging musician. Think he works for less than Hoglan?

He seems to be pretty happy with his position in life. I think that's pretty good for anyone. I was surprised to hear that he called them. Chuck made a fairly good assumption that Dave would be busy lol.

I completely skipped over his comment. Are you saying I have to go read it? Because that dude has more chips on his shoulder than a lumberjack.

I wonder if this Gathering reunion that they were talking about before the pandemic would have included Murphy? Maybe Alex would been happy to keep doing his jazz and rap stuff for a tour?

Anyway by the statement everything sounds pretty cool. Everyone is happy and are excited for the future and that's really the best thing for the health of the band.

No you don't have to read it because it's laced with his usual why didn't they hire a black man and and Alex has autism comments, but In this case he also refers to the Blabber interview with Alex the day after Gene quit and it does go against what Chuck is saying happened.

Oh so now you're calling for Alex to be sacked. I see the 'play nice' embargo is definitely lifted :p

Is the future so bright they have to wear shades?

He seems to be pretty happy with his position in life. I think that's pretty good for anyone. I was surprised to hear that he called them. Chuck made a fairly good assumption that Dave would be busy lol.

And we all know what they say about someone who assumes? Tut Tut Mr Chuck, you should not assume!