Dave Mustaine

Is Dave Mustaine left wing or right wing?

• Left

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Right

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
barf-gif.gif

:lol:

Jim Carey was funny back in the day, he listened to grindcore and death metal music awile back. There's this interview on youtube.com of him talking about listening to Napalm Death, shit is hilarious.

The whole 'so influential!!!' thing sucks when you start going back several 'generations'. Where do you stop?

I'm sure a lot of the metal bands I like were influenced by bands that were themselves influenced by Megadeth, but if they were directly influenced by them/Mustaine it rarely shows.

And JP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Megadeth.

Saying Megadeth wasn't influential is like saying Metallica wasn't influential. They're right at the same level.

I agree with the acting like hipsters comment. "Megadeth is so popular so we have to diss all the popular kids who listen to it" Srsly grow up. You can't deny Dave wrote some of the most badass (imo) or at least most influential thrash metal of all time.

If you can't ignore the shitty albums/tracks and just listen to the good ones, then how can you be a fan of Metallica, Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, and on and on. No band is perfect.

Megadeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JP.

I totally agree.

@ Baroque. But this is ULTIMATEMETAL bro, we try and rewrite history to our preferences here. Megadeth, Death, etc suck and are not/never were influential ... but The Chasm and Manilla Road are cornerstones of the genre. :lol: :lol: :lol: ... this is the only place where you would come across such nonsense.

Its like all the losers with shitty opinions on metal as a whole have gathered up on this site because no one else seems to agree with them IRL. Some of you guys are just fuckin' plain ole pathetic.

Saying Megadeth wasn't influential is like saying Metallica wasn't influential. They're right at the same level.
I agree with the acting like hipsters comment. "Megadeth is so popular so we have to diss all the popular kids who listen to it" Srsly grow up. You can't deny Dave wrote some of the most badass (imo) or at least most influential thrash metal of all time.

First off, Metallica and Megadeth most likely aren't on the same level of influence. Hell you hear very little of either of those bands in any band releasing music today. Thrash metal is pretty well dead, and very few of those bands you post are changing that.

Second, and this comes from real life experience and Internet, why do Megadeth fanboys get so MONSTROSLY BUTTHURT when someone doesn't like them?

First off, Metallica and Megadeth most likely aren't on the same level of influence. Hell you hear very little of either of those bands in any band releasing music today. Thrash metal is pretty well dead, and very few of those bands you post are changing that.

Second, and this comes from real life experience and Internet, why do Megadeth fanboys get so MONSTROSLY BUTTHURT when someone doesn't like them?

1) Thrash isn't dead, there's a new wave of thrash (with more bands than the old wave) and most influential old bands are still around.

2) I'm not butthurt, just adding my 2 cents to arguments already happening before I showed up.

3) Anyone with half a brain would agree Megadeth is one of the top 3 most influential thrash bands of all time so far. Maybe they didn't get As much radio play as Metallica, but I bet they came in a strong 2nd with much more radio play than Slayer. Besides Radio play =/= influential. We're talking about which bands were the biggest inspirations for new thrash bands. Megadeth especially Rust In Peace is waaay at the top. Possibly ahead of Metallica for any thrash band that listened beyond the surface level.

why do Megadeth fanboys get so MONSTROSLY BUTTHURT when someone doesn't like them?

So what you got from my last few posts is that im butthurt because you or others don't like Megadeth? :lol: You really cant be that fuckin stupid, right? Either that or your reading comprehension is totally off. What the fuck does liking or not liking a band have to do with admitting that they have inspired more musicians than you can probably name? Or that they've released benchmark albums of the genre? God, you can be such a fucking moron at times.

I don't think anyone here gives enough of a fuck about which bands you or others like or dont like to get offended by it. But trying to rewrite history with your own obscure opinions is just fucking ridiculous, so you should do yourself a favor and stop with that nonsense.

you hear very little of either of those bands in any band releasing music today. Thrash metal is pretty well dead, and very few of those bands you post are changing that.

:lol: oh wow. I honestly cant take anything you say seriously anymore after this.

I totally agree.

@ Baroque. But this is ULTIMATEMETAL bro, we try and rewrite history to our preferences here. Megadeth, Death, etc suck and are not/never were influential ... but The Chasm and Manilla Road are cornerstones of the genre. :lol: :lol: :lol: ... this is the only place where you would come across such nonsense.

Its like all the losers with shitty opinions on metal as a whole have gathered up on this site because no one else seems to agree with them IRL. Some of you guys are just fuckin' plain ole pathetic.

I can agree that bands like Megadeth and Death were definitely influential. Some of the most influential metal bands around.

But I still would rather listen to The Chasm or Manilla Road for the fact that they're just better. *shrug* sorry man.

lol at anyone thinking Manilla Road is better than Death and/or Megadeth.

..fuck outta here

Fuck right off. You preach subjectivity, yet criticize whenever someone posts something you disagree with.

I think Manilla Road IS better; and frankly if it annoys anyone here, they can choke on a big one. :Spin:

Reactions: CiG
You raise such a big stink when I say Appice is crap, going on about "subjectivity"; yet whenever someone mentions Manilla Road you and HB are the first to go on about how they're "boring" or "crap" or other such shit.

From now on whenever you criticize my opinions, I'm going to act like a cunt and ask you for empirical evidence. Substantiate your claims bro. :)

You act like a cunt already. Won't be too much of a stretch for you.

I think it's really fucking hilarious when I troll people about this shit and they get bent out of shape (because that's 100% what is happening here) but when people give me shit about the bands I like (ala Killswitch Engage or Disturbed), it's okay to call me a faggot or tell me I have an inferior taste in metal.

We all have a common bond and yet we still act like fucking children towards each other.

Just don't get and never will get the Vanilla Road hype. Maybe a different album will spark my interest or seeing them live will. Who knows..

How's this for a "cunt" response.

As an aside, I also got a lot of shit in the past for enjoying Killswitch and Bodom. As well as my dislike of Iron Maiden.

But regardless, the point is, you demand facts and "evidence" of others, while you yourself are guilty of the same bullshit. I mean, for the cycle to end, either you, or everyone else will have to stop; and I guarantee the entire board won't just stop being the way they are in the blink of an eye.

So you can either rise above and work to solve the problem, or continue to be a part of said problem. Your call. *shrugs*

I can easily do this but I don't think you will.

I demanded evidence from only one person: you. You still have failed to provide the evidence that I asked and that is most likely because you are unable to provide said evidence.

OK; How's this for your "Vinny Appice" query: Vinny is easily the most basic of all Sabbath's drummers; and quite possibly one of the most basic in metal as well. I can think of only one drummer in all of rock and metal music that is more basic, and that is Ringo Starr.

His unadventurous drumming style did not fit a groovier, more swingy, blues-oriented band like Sabbath; whereas drummers like Powell or Ward added flair, Appice added nothing but a stiff, metronome-like quality. Vinny could have been replaced by a drum machine and nothing of value would have been lost from the music. Not only that but Vinny simplified a lot of Ward's drum patterns live.

So while he may not be a SHITTY drummer (he can keep time, yawn), he was a SHITTY fit for Black Sabbath.

I'm done. Now your turn: provide evidence that Manilla Road is "boring" or "vanilla" and that you're not just being a dick.

Opinions are not equal to evidence and neither side should claim they are.

Is it really possible by any metric to measure which drummer is better? Maybe if some test like IQ scores for drum skills is invented, but it doesn't exist yet. "boring" is just clearly an opinion, and there's no real point in arguing that. Best course of action would be to link songs that you think might change his opinion probably.