Dave Mustaine

Is Dave Mustaine left wing or right wing?

• Left

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Right

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
The user base is generally very close-minded, as are the mod team; ignorance is tolerated so long as it doesn't piss people off, but truths are quashed when they start to upset people or ruffle feathers.

Anything that's not rock or metal is looked down upon and called "crap" by geriatrics who have been listening to the same handful of "classics" for thirty years.

I guess I'm partly responsible, with the whole rap thread thing, but I do agree with you about the "classics." There is only a limeted number of classics, and you can't just keep listening to the greatest hits.

No, not all rap is crap. When I think
or rap, I just automatically think of "gangsta rap" and mainstream rap.

I guess I'm partly responsible, with the whole rap thread thing, but I do agree with you about the "classics." There is only a limeted number of classics, and you can't just keep listening to the greatest hits.

No, not all rap is crap. When I think
or rap, I just automatically think of "gangsta rap" and mainstream rap.

All I know is that when one points out to another person that dismissing an entire genre of music as "crap" is close-minded and wrong (which it is. This is factual), and then gets officially warned by the mod team for it, something isn't right. :lol:

Some of the best "hip-hop" of all time is Gangsta Rap from the early 90's. The first Dogg Pound album, Doggystyle, The Chronic, 2Pac, etc.

Exactly. Early 90s hip-hop can actually be some pretty intense stuff.

I've taken a liking to the darker forms of rap too, like Brotha Lynch Hung, Tech N9ne, Twisted Insane, Necro, Snow Tha Product, Ill Bill, etc.

All I know is that when one points out to another person that dismissing an entire genre of music as "crap" is close-minded and wrong (which it is. This is factual), and then gets officially warned by the mod team for it, something isn't right. :lol:

I've taken a liking to the darker forms of rap too, like Brotha Lynch Hung, Tech N9ne, Twisted Insane, Necro, Snow Tha Product, Ill Bill, etc.

:kickass: need to check out some of the artists you mentioned after Lynch. Never heaqrd any of em outside of Tech N9ne, who i'm not a fan of. Have you heard of X-Raided? Him and Lynch came up together and are from the same hood. He's doing life so most of his shit is recorder over a phone from prison, but he fucking rips shit up. A lot of the guys who came up with lynch in the Northern Cali area are pretty solid ... C-Bo, Celly Cel, X-Raided etc.

this album is a fucking classic ...

Last edited by a moderator:

I frequent the Sabbath forums, I post everyday, but, their rules are too strict. They don't really allow any arguing, they dismiss it as "flaming." I also don't like the "no politics and religion" thing."

I stopped posting entirely; I'm sure there are many there that are thankful for the fact.

But aside from three or four of those that were there when I first joined as "The Butt", many years ago, it is a cesspool of ignorance and stupidity there.

Geriatrics who don't know how to interact on the internet.

The Megadeth forums became similar. No criticism at all about Dave, former/current Megadeth members or Megadeth in general, all posts moderated, etc. They did a full board reset and a bunch of people left.

On the Megadave forums wasn't it the case that Dave himself had to approve each post?

If so, ultra-lame.

No, he's way too busy for that. He would post personal updates once in a while.

I think he had people on his marketing team or whatever as admins or moderators and people assigned to moderate certain forums would moderate individual posts. It only got to that point because people (including myself) would create troll accounts and start flame wars. People would also get what was called 'miserable'd' which is where you could access the forums, but the page would never load and would hang there.

I think I went back a few years ago and half of one sub forum left because there were two general forums that merged and lots of the old schoolers didn't like that.

EDIT: I made a post under my original account because I was curious and it doesn't moderate there. My guess is your post count has to be a certain number before the moderation goes away.