Dave....

Meedleyx10

Dec 20, 2003
I'm omnipresent
Hey man, i just recently got ahold of some of your stuff. My drummer (v01c35 4nd 51ng5 on these boards) got me into you guys and im really diggig it so far. I love your sound o nthe album (the latest one i guess....whichever one my drummer has) and i really really like the sound a lot. I guess my question is what gear did you use (amps, effects, guitars, and pickups). But anyway, keep up the good work and im looking forward to checking out some more of your stuff.

Meedleyx10 said:
Hey man, i just recently got ahold of some of your stuff. My drummer (v01c35 4nd 51ng5 on these boards) got me into you guys and im really diggig it so far. I love your sound o nthe album (the latest one i guess....whichever one my drummer has) and i really really like the sound a lot. I guess my question is what gear did you use (amps, effects, guitars, and pickups). But anyway, keep up the good work and im looking forward to checking out some more of your stuff.
Very cool!!! I’m glad you’re digging the music. :) Welcome to our forum!!!!

As for my setup, I’m pretty basic… I have my Ibanez 7 string running into my Mesa Boogie Tri-axis into a Mesa Dyna-watt power amp which feeds my Mesa 4x12 cab. I recorded with a dry sound, and added compression, EQing and reverb from our Pro Tools set-up, during the mix. Lately I’ve been messing with a Johnson J-station for direct recording though, and I’m actually loving the sound almost more than my Boogie….heheh

Hopefully if all goes as planned we’ll have the next CD out by late summer. ;)

Anyway, I’m glad you made it the forum…feel free to post as often as you like.

~Dave

what pickups did you have on your seven string? My biggest thing on rythm is that i hate muddiness....which is a problem with me and seven strings. And you definately have a really tight low b form what im hearing. Im actually about to get either a Universe or just the regular RG seven string....im thinking about just getting the rg cause after i change the pickups it will be just as good as the UV just not as good looking. Nice choice on the amps btw, i would have a triaxis but im poor (damn minimum pizza hut wage)

BTW while im at it....im doing this crappy research project for english class and im interviewing differnet musicians about their view on internet piracy (still waiting to hear back from rusty cooley, marty friedman, and paul gilbert....and stephan forte who i hope reads english). BUt yeah here are the questions:

1: What is your view on internet piracy of music?

2: Do you think violators of piracy laws (both providers and downloaders) sohuld be persecuted?

3: Do oyu think it is possible to stop internet piracy?

Meedleyx10 said:
what pickups did you have on your seven string? My biggest thing on rythm is that i hate muddiness....which is a problem with me and seven strings. And you definately have a really tight low b form what im hearing. Im actually about to get either a Universe or just the regular RG seven string....im thinking about just getting the rg cause after i change the pickups it will be just as good as the UV just not as good looking. Nice choice on the amps btw, i would have a triaxis but im poor (damn minimum pizza hut wage)

BTW while im at it....im doing this crappy research project for english class and im interviewing differnet musicians about their view on internet piracy (still waiting to hear back from rusty cooley, marty friedman, and paul gilbert....and stephan forte who i hope reads english). BUt yeah here are the questions:

1: What is your view on internet piracy of music?

2: Do you think violators of piracy laws (both providers and downloaders) sohuld be persecuted?

3: Do oyu think it is possible to stop internet piracy?

Sorry for not answering this sooner... I've been a bit side-tracked...hehe
As for my pickups... believe it or not, they are the stock pickups that came with my Ibanez RG7420... I used to have the Universe (UV777), and to be totally honest, it had great tone, and was good for soloing, but for really heavy crunching, it really lacked the punch.. in fact I got a really muddy sound from it... so I was never 100% happy with the sound of it. The feel was unbelievable, and I will probably never play another guitar like that one... but if I had it any longer I would have eventually changed the pickups on it.

As for your questions:
1) Internet Piracy is somewhat of a double-edged sword when it comes to music. It definitely hurts bands who are big in the market as well as the smaller ones, however, smaller known bands would never get any sort of attention if it were not for some of the people downloading their music off of the internet. Not every band has the luxury of having a multi-million dollar corporation pushing their music for them. However, where this also hurts is when a small band has ALL of their songs taken and they never get to sell as many CDs because of it. If there were a way to have a happy medium where there was a way that only a select number of songs were allowed to be uploaded to the net giving people a chance to hear what a band sounds like, and then have CD prices come down so that buying a new CD doesn't cost a weeks worth of gas...lol then maybe there would be less piracy out there... of course that could only happen in a perfect world. ;)

2) Honestly, no... I don't think they should be persecuted. Just as long as they don't take the music and try to re-sale it themselves to make money off of the artist.

3) In all honesty... I don't think anyone will ever be able to stop internet piracy. The net is too big, and where there's a will, there's a way. People will never stop sharing music.

~D

Dave - Power of Omens said:
Sorry for not answering this sooner... I've been a bit side-tracked...hehe
As for my pickups... believe it or not, they are the stock pickups that came with my Ibanez RG7420... I used to have the Universe (UV777), and to be totally honest, it had great tone, and was good for soloing, but for really heavy crunching, it really lacked the punch.. in fact I got a really muddy sound from it... so I was never 100% happy with the sound of it. The feel was unbelievable, and I will probably never play another guitar like that one... but if I had it any longer I would have eventually changed the pickups on it.

As for your questions:
1) Internet Piracy is somewhat of a double-edged sword when it comes to music. It definitely hurts bands who are big in the market as well as the smaller ones, however, smaller known bands would never get any sort of attention if it were not for some of the people downloading their music off of the internet. Not every band has the luxury of having a multi-million dollar corporation pushing their music for them. However, where this also hurts is when a small band has ALL of their songs taken and they never get to sell as many CDs because of it. If there were a way to have a happy medium where there was a way that only a select number of songs were allowed to be uploaded to the net giving people a chance to hear what a band sounds like, and then have CD prices come down so that buying a new CD doesn't cost a weeks worth of gas...lol then maybe there would be less piracy out there... of course that could only happen in a perfect world. ;)

2) Honestly, no... I don't think they should be persecuted. Just as long as they don't take the music and try to re-sale it themselves to make money off of the artist.

3) In all honesty... I don't think anyone will ever be able to stop internet piracy. The net is too big, and where there's a will, there's a way. People will never stop sharing music.

~D

thanks man, this really helps a lot, thanks for the time.

I never woulda guessed stock pickups.......i woulda guessed either evo's or maybe blaze's. Thats interesting though. Im sure i could get a tight tone of the UV with new pickups....but as far as price is concerned that RG is looking better and better lol

well i ended up getting the RG and im having the pickups swapped upon arrival...came out to a grand total of 900 including a case pikcups and installation