dave's influences?

v01c354nd51gn5

Awakenings
Dec 18, 2003
DE:-\
dave, ur an excellent guitarist, and the more i listen to Rooms of Anguish, the more i wonder what ur influences are? the intro to Only a Dream and some other parts on the cd sound a bit Pat Metheny-ish. its great stuff, i'd be interested to hear if u listen to Metheny, or who all were u trying to mix together with your own personal sound? just curious...

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
dave, ur an excellent guitarist, and the more i listen to Rooms of Anguish, the more i wonder what ur influences are? the intro to Only a Dream and some other parts on the cd sound a bit Pat Metheny-ish. its great stuff, i'd be interested to hear if u listen to Metheny, or who all were u trying to mix together with your own personal sound? just curious...

Very cool… thanks for the compliment. :)

Believe it or not, I’ve never listened to Pat Metheny though… I hear a lot of really good things about him, especially from the Tipton brothers in Zero Hour, and I always tell myself that I need to listen to him, but have never actually picked up any of his discs.

Aside from the typical players in prog and metal (Vai, Petrucci, Malmsteen, Becker, etc.) I’m also big into flamenco players like Jesse Cook, Ottmar Liebert, Strunz and Farah, and Chris Spheeris as well as fusion players like Al DiMeola, Brett Garsed and Larry Carlton. Despite my influences though, I’ve never really tried to incorporate what they do in my playing, rather I try to emulate a certain feeling that I get when I listen to these players.

~D :cool:

not sure why i didnt just start a new thread, but anyway ... are you guys planning to add anymore live videos to your site, maybe after the next tour? ... the "as winter falls" video was really what got me hooked on power of omens, seeing that you guys could really play well live. lol, i dont know how many people i made watch it. needless to say, they all loved it. just wondering if theres any more on the way?

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
not sure why i didnt just start a new thread, but anyway ... are you guys planning to add anymore live videos to your site, maybe after the next tour? ... the "as winter falls" video was really what got me hooked on power of omens, seeing that you guys could really play well live. lol, i dont know how many people i made watch it. needless to say, they all loved it. just wondering if theres any more on the way?
You're wish is my command!!! ;-)

Toast to Mankind

Enjoy,
~Dave