David Gold in Finland: June 3rd - July 4th

So glad for you Dave, a well earned trip to the epic Scandinavian lands that home folk metal and many other fantastic things. I'm pumped to hear about Tuska too, that would be wild.

Tonight I felt like a real Finn, visiting the oldest traditional sauna in all of Finland, in the city of Tampere. The heat in there really pushed my limits! Thankfully, there was cold beer at the end. :)

+ It seems there were lots of Finn metalheads there, too!

As mentioned previously, here is the evidence...

This is video from the Sauna Open Air Festival. Look for the dude in the 'Finland Blue' BORAT style bathing suit running in the circle pit:

:lol::lol::lol::kickass:

'N-ice!' [/BORAT]

Last edited by a moderator:
DG Confirmed Fact: in a common traditional public sauna at a cottage resort in Finland (mixed: men and women), while you are sitting there in the middle of the afternoon this past week with your naked hairy ass on the bench, your feet up, sweating your naked, hairy balls off in a hell hot sauna...three (3!) HOT, tall, blond, naked Finnish chicks, roughly my age (guestimated, with my keen sense for these things ;) ), can come walking in at any time (and everyone has to act like it's NO BIG DEAL (!) and that they don't even care...HAH!)!!! I guess this is just what could be considered part of the 'European Way', but damn, from the perspective of this Canadian, I could hardly believe my eyes!!! Of course, I too, had to play it cool... 'Hey Beavis, huh-huh huh-huh...'

Greetings from cottage country in Kajaani, Finland (just north from where NIGHTWISH are from!)! One last week or so in 'the old country' to go, and going well!

DG - \w/ :kickass:

^ As if I didn't already want to go to Sweden/Finland/Norway as it is! :p Sweet!