David Wayne R.I.P.

stevekachinsky

Steel Prophet - Gtr
Mar 25, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.steelprophet.net
As many of you have probably heard David Wayne passed away yesterday from complications arising from a car accident he was involved in not long ago. David was the singer on the classic Metal Church debut album as well as many others. I had the pleasure to meet David at Silver Cloud Studios in Burbank when he was recording the Wayne bands album entitled strangely enough 'Metal Church'. We spoke for a while about metal (he knew some Steel Prophet's work), what a great album the first Metal Church was, and strangely enough our cross collections. David didn't have one on at the time, but commented on mine and told me he had lots of them and described a few of them! What I took away from the conversation was that he was very passionate about heavy metal music. I guess I am too. Sometimes I think people take it too seriously, but it's emotional and stirs the senses. When it's good, it's my favorite kind of music without a doubt. Anyway, R.I.P. Mr. Wayne. Along with Guy Speranza, JD Kimball, Paul Bailoff, Dave Pritchard, Cliff Burton and others, Metal has lost another of it's favorite sons.

stevekachinsky said:
As many of you have probably heard David Wayne passed away yesterday from complications arising from a car accident he was involved in not long ago. David was the singer on the classic Metal Church debut album as well as many others. I had the pleasure to meet David at Silver Cloud Studios in Burbank when he was recording the Wayne bands album entitled strangely enough 'Metal Church'. We spoke for a while about metal (he knew some Steel Prophet's work), what a great album the first Metal Church was, and strangely enough our cross collections. David didn't have one on at the time, but commented on mine and told me he had lots of them and described a few of them! What I took away from the conversation was that he was very passionate about heavy metal music. I guess I am too. Sometimes I think people take it too seriously, but it's emotional and stirs the senses. When it's good, it's my favorite kind of music without a doubt. Anyway, R.I.P. Mr. Wayne. Along with Guy Speranza, JD Kimball, Paul Bailoff, Dave Pritchard, Cliff Burton and others, Metal has lost another of it's favorite sons.
Couldn't have said it better, Steve. Rest his soul, and may his music play on...

I was just listening to the first MC album not too long ago... quite a shame! :erk:

Nice post Steve!

May God rest his soul...