DAW SURVEY - please read and participate!

DETNER

New Metal Member
May 24, 2004
Rovinj, Croatia
www.forlorn-legacy.com
THE FIRST EVER SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH BASED ON DAW USAGE AMONG METAL BANDS IN THE FIELD OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS THEORY

https://detinger.wufoo.com/forms/digital-audio-workstation/

This scientific research could provide important insight for usage of digital audio workstations in metal music. We will try to collect more than 1000 answers from bands all over the world to make our scientific research as significant as possible. The results will be published in a scientific journal and presented directly to you.
We will (randomly) select one of the research band participants for this year’s edition of Underwall Festival (HR) - All costs covered!
Thank you for your help. :headbang:

That was fun. One of the questions was more about time management. Can't see how that would help with results.

Thank you everybody. Keep them coming, as I need many cases to detect significant insight.

That was fun. One of the questions was more about time management. Can't see how that would help with results.

Cool to see you're interested in the methodology. Of course there must be some indicators about "time management", to be more specific "task characteristics" when the research deals with USAGE. Don't worry, when I finish the research, I'll present the theory behind it, the constructed model and the findings.
Actually, I'm glad you find the survey fun. There's always a concern with surveys, because when there's too many questions (expecially demanding ones), respondents get tired and they just quit.

Oh, I also forgot to mention, the working title for this scientific paper is TOOLS OF THE TRADE: DAW USAGE ANTECEDENTS. It's actually a homage to one of my favourite bands CARCASS, hahaha.

If you need any more info, feel free to ask.
Cheers guys :kickass:

Done!
One thing though: I use 3 different DAW's for different tasks and I was able to select all three, but in the following questions I can't answer them for each DAW seperatly. Dunno if it is a problem for your results though...

Done!
One thing though: I use 3 different DAW's for different tasks and I was able to select all three, but in the following questions I can't answer them for each DAW seperatly. Dunno if it is a problem for your results though...

No problem. Your answers are based on the DAW software you selected.

If I quote some quasi-definitions from wikipedia (I never cite Wikipedia in my research papers, as it would not pass the perr review process), a DAW is:
A digital audio workstation (DAW) is an electronic system designed solely or primarily for recording, editing and playing back digital audio.
A computer-based DAW has four basic components: a computer, a sound card (also called a sound converter or audio interface), a digital audio editor software, and at least one input device for adding or modifying musical note data.

Thus, a DAW can include several software "tools" tailored to a user's specific tasks. Well, frankly, we all use and combine lots of tools, just think about plug-ins or even hardware or OTB stuff. Experimenting, trying out is a must to develop skills and making satisfactory results.
Maybe my thoughs are kinda messy here, but I hope it's clear enough.