Day in the life of Marc Gessford, our festival "VISA Guy"

Yes, thanks Marc! Without you I would not get to see many of my favorite bands. I know you put in long hours way before we all see each other in September and I definitely appreciate the effort!

I do have to comment on the reverse though... a couple of years ago we were offered an opening spot on a 3 week European tour with a band that has played PP more than once. I started right away looking into the visa issue for us (knowing it can be complicated for bands coming here) and was BLOWN AWAY with how utterly confusing, complicated, and time consuming the whole process can be. I think it is actually worse for US bands to tour over there than the other way around. Since it would span multiple countries (and regions) we would have to apply for each of those regions. Absolutely nuts!!! I bet Marc could do well to expand his business to help US bands play over there and make a killing! I think the whole thing is ridiculous either way! Especially for a band like mine which is just happy to break even! I seriously don't know how US bands can afford to even play over there.