DAY-OF-THE-EQUINOX, TORONTO - OCT. 14

Allure of the Earth

Temporary Psychotic State
Jul 4, 2004
"GREEN CARNATION TO HEADLINE 'DAY OF THE EQUINOX'

Norway's Green Carnation will be making their North American debut as headliner at the DAY OF THE EQUINOX festival in Toronto, Canada this October in support of their just released 4th album, The Quiet Offspring (The End).

DAY OF THE EQUINOX
Featuring Green Carnation, Agalloch, Unexpect + special guests
Friday October 14th, 2005
The Opera House
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Tickets: $26.50 @ Ticketmaster

Over the last few years Green Carnation (feat. ex-members of...In The Woods and Emperor and current members from Blood Red Throne and Carpathian Forest) has received praise from both fans and critics for their diverse releases, those being the one-song, 60-minute opus Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness (2001), the AOR/prog rock flare of Blessing In Disguise (2003) and this year's atmospheric/prog/AOR style of The Quiet Offspring.

DAY OF THE EQUINOX will also include Oregon's moody/atmospheric act Agalloch and Montreal's ambitious Unexpect. A co-headliner and other special guests will be announced in mid-May.

About Green Carnation's debut North American appearance, founder/guitarist Tchort has this to say: "Green Carnation is overwhelmingly excited about this inter-continental show in Toronto and are preparing a unique live set for such a special occasion. We think it's fair to say that those who attend will see Green Carnation give its most progressive and atmospheric show EVER! Since it's our first show over there,' we find it to be vital that we cover the material from all our three latest albums. That means we have three hours of music to choose from. We don't want to reveal the whole live show, but we can tease you a bit and say that we decided to do an extended live set to include a major part of Light of Day, Day of Darkness, as well as material from Blessing in Disguise and The Quiet Offspring. This will be a special event from us to you." -- Tchort

For more info -- including ticket info, sponsors, hotels and more -- please
visit the official festival website: Day Of The Equinox"

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Demonspell said:
Green Carnation billed ahead of Agalloch? They had better play the best show of their lives to deserve that...either way it looks like a great show.

Yep - by the end of 2003, the biggest selling CD of all time at The Omega was "Light of Day...".

I don't like the new Green Carnation. I had to turn it off halfway through because it sounded like their last album (which was decent) mixed with Nickelback riffs.

really! It's true!

I started to become impressed with it on the first listen.... but yeah, the progressiveness I thought I heard and was expecting more of, wasn't quite there. and now its just like their last album to me. Not a bad album, but I don't plan on ever listening to it again.

I like the first Green Carnation album and I still have to listen to the LOD,DOD promo Ellestin gave me . He told me it was a little bit better than any album by Elisabetha (watch out , the band might have done several :ill: ) so I don't know what to expect :cool:.

Downloaded "A blessing in disguise" , didn't do anything for me at the time..

I greatly prefer "Journey to the end of the Night" to anything else they did after. A pity that they completely ignore it (to my knowledge) in their live sets.

This extra greatness is due to the fact that is follows the glorious In The Woods... path :cool: