Dayum its hard getting a hold of Joey!

Goodfellas453

Always The Understudy Vox
May 12, 2011
Temecula CA
www.facebook.com
good god its hard to get a hold of you! were Set sights looking to book you sometime next year, we did everything listed on your website, craig sucks at replying, we sent like 4 stalker emails! can you tell us when your not booked, the price of a 6 song self released EP with you producing us(we love it). and perhaps a funny joke?

oh our music is at

www.facebook.com/setsights

were recording a current EP to submit to you for pre production ideas... as stated on your website, so dont pay too too much attention to the recordings already on the site there dated and less skillfull
Thanks man!

-Neth

haha we tried to myspace him a message but since were not buddies(yet) the message wouldn't send, i tried to send the above PM but his inbox is apparently full and wont send till its cleared out.

well the fact is Craig hasn't responded at all, which is kinda unprofessional considering we are a potential customer, a response saying at least that they are booked with bands and have no openings would have been fine, it just sucks that there is no other way to get a hold of sturgis.

well the fact is Craig hasn't responded at all, which is kinda unprofessional considering we are a potential customer, a response saying at least that they are booked with bands and have no openings would have been fine, it just sucks that there is no other way to get a hold of sturgis.

well, you can always call him, the number is....

trollface.jpg

no offense but just because you want to record with someone doesn't mean they have to answer you back or record you. You can't just throw money at someone and say "Hey im giving you money, you have to record me man!". In addition, one of many reasons a engineer/producer turns a band down may be because they have no desire to produce or engineer a band they don't have high hopes for. If you messaged Sneap with the same thing you said to Joey he would probably laugh and press the delete button. My guess why he hasn't messaged you back is because he has other projects in the works that are much more pressing than recording a local band looking to sound just like Miss May I. Sorry bro.

oh definitely I'm sure hes busy, but the issue is that i haven't been able to get in contact with him at all, only craig@rise who never responded(which if he did read the email(s) should have at least responded saying hey sorry too busy for that or whatever). i totally acknowledge the fact that us wanting to pay for his services doesn't mean he would.

no offense but just because you want to record with someone doesn't mean they have to answer you back or record you. You can't just throw money at someone and say "Hey im giving you money, you have to record me man!". In addition, one of many reasons a engineer/producer turns a band down may be because they have no desire to produce or engineer a band they don't have high hopes for. If you messaged Sneap with the same thing you said to Joey he would probably laugh and press the delete button. My guess why he hasn't messaged you back is because he has other projects in the works that are much more pressing than recording a local band looking to sound just like Miss May I. Sorry bro.

oh definitely I'm sure hes busy, but the issue is that i haven't been able to get in contact with him at all, only craig@rise who never responded(which if he did read the email(s) should have at least responded saying hey sorry too busy for that or whatever). i totally acknowledge the fact that us wanting to pay for his services doesn't mean he would.

Why should he have to respond? You probably have no idea how many emails he gets from people wanting to record with Joey. I doubt he can even take 5% of them seriously, and that's if he even bothers to reads them anymore. What makes you any different from all the other emails he gets? Do you know him? Do you know someone who does? Are you signed? Are you managed? Do you have a realistic budget? Are you an established band in the genre? How many plays do you get online? How many days do you play out in a year? Can you sell out shows? Do you have any support from other companies? As you can see, this can go on forever.. And I bet 95% of the bands Joey's recorded could answer those questions with flying colors and cite their sources to any of them. If you want to record with him, then I suggest you start networking your ass off and develop strong relationships with people in the business. Shooting a random email to someone you've never talked to before to record your band with a producer who is booked over a year in advance is going to result in NOTHING.. And quite frankly, that's exactly what you got.

Why should he have to respond? You probably have no idea how many emails he gets from people wanting to record with Joey. I doubt he can even take 5% of them seriously, and that's if he even bothers to reads them anymore. What makes you any different from all the other emails he gets? Do you know him? Do you know someone who does? Are you signed? Are you managed? Do you have a realistic budget? Are you an established band in the genre? How many plays do you get online? How many days do you play out in a year? Can you sell out shows? Do you have any support from other companies? As you can see, this can go on forever.. And I bet 95% of the bands Joey's recorded could answer those questions with flying colors and cite their sources to any of them. If you want to record with him, then I suggest you start networking your ass off and develop strong relationships with people in the business. Shooting a random email to someone you've never talked to before to record your band with a producer who is booked over a year in advance is going to result in NOTHING.. And quite frankly, that's exactly what you got.

^^^^
:kickass:

yeah i understand that, i just didn't see it that way, more of man i love the sound that foundation studios can get and the production joey sturgis provides, we have the budget for the recordings(i was reading its like 500 bucks a day to record and it takes two days to record one song and a day to master it but he can master three in one day making a 6 song EP about $7,000.(not sure if his rates changed since i read that). No were not famous in any way or have that many connections, we have only recorded our own music recently(I'm a newly certified sound engineer) and we don't get a million plays, we have a new lineup too but are now solid and taking music seriously we figured that this is one professional step we definitely want to make.

if you're a sound engineer, why don't you just get PodFarm and Steven Slate drums and figure it out yourself though? People that are on this site do it all the time without being a certified sound engineer. Just because it's produced by Joey doesn't mean you're gonna get any more attention. Have you heard of Us, From Outside? They recorded with Joey. Have you ever heard of them? really...