Ddrum Kick transduce broken?

Deus.exe

BBQ!!!
Dec 23, 2005
Cologne, Germany
www.myspace.com
Hey Sneapsters

I recently bought two Ddrum triggers off Ebay and it seems that the kick trigger is WAY quieter than the snare trigger. Granted I haven't put the on an actual drum yet (I've just been connecting them to my DAW and tapping the transducer by hand) but since the transducers are the same for kick and snare they should have the same volume when tapped. With the kick trigger I have to turn the input gain up so high that there is quite a bit of background noise in the signal. Is this normal or should I order a replacement transducer?

I (sometimes) experience the same thing, if i record straight from trigger to the DAW it gets replaced anyway so i don't think background noise is a problem.

btw "Pro" or "Red Shit" triggers?

I (sometimes) experience the same thing, if i record straight from trigger to the DAW it gets replaced anyway so i don't think background noise is a problem.

we want to use it for live shows too though.

btw "Pro" or "Red Shit" triggers?

It's the Pro versions.

By the way on the snare I saw what seems to be a piezo mic glued to the metal housing of the trigger and thought initially that that could be the reason why the Snare trigger louder is as the kick trigger.

Is there any definitive way to tell that the transducer is dead? Will it be quieter or will there be no signal what so ever?

Thanks.

no need to freak until you put it on a drum, but yeah the snare trigger has a rim and head trigger, so if you are triggering both it would be twice as loud.
with piezos, generally they work or they don't

@ everybody's x: yeah, but the "rim-transducer" on the pro snare trigger only works if you use a Y cable doesn't it? thats why on the Ddrum SE4 module there's an extra input for the rim triggering.

@Dues.exe: Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say. Do you plan on using the raw trigger sound as your live kick sample?

Thanks for all the responses. I couldn't find any answers elsewhere on the web. This board is gold!

.....Do you plan on using the raw trigger sound as your live kick sample?

No, but i'm afraid that the signal will be way to quiet for the drum module pick up also the background noise could possibly lead to trigger misfires

no, its probably on its way out. D drum sell the transducers separately for about $10 so its worth having a few. Tom just killed 3 on Exodus album.

That's what I was afraid of so I ordered one last night for about 8€ (but 5€ in shipping... Bastards!:mad:). I figured that even if it isn't broken it's always good to have a spare hanging around.

By the way how can one break a transducer? I figured there are little to no moving parts so how could it wear out?

By the way how can one break a transducer? I figured there are little to no moving parts so how could it wear out?

Thats why i asked if they were red shot. Before i switched to the pro set, the tiny red and blue wire that are soldered to the red-shot's kick transducer ripped at least 6 times. thought maybe you experienced a similar thing.