DDrum trigger straight into API 3124+. Safe?

blackcom

Oct 5, 2003
Hi!

After reading on this forum I too have started running my DDrum triggers straight into mic preams using aptrigga/drumagog on that track later.

I have quite some API preamps. I know also op-amps tends to go bad once in a while.
Anyone here gotten bad op-amps after running triggers straight into their API's, or is it safe with API preamps too?

I can't see any reason why triggers would be any worse than mics, and people run triggers into preamps all the time - I guess my only question is, why are you wasting API beauty on trigger tracks?

why are you wasting API beauty on trigger tracks?

Sometimes it's just more convenient right there and then. Just wondering if there is anyone here with spesific expreience with API+triggers..just to know it is absolutely safe as the preamps are kinda costly.

Yeah what the hell.... if your interface has room for an ADAT input get a Behringer ADA8000 just to use the triggers with, conserve the good pres for things that need them.

~006

although..... going through the api, the ddrum trigs have a very high output.
and the api has an incredibly high output.
so unless you have inline attenators it'll be clip city, and the dynamics might get fubar