Issue With Snare Trigger

Downwards

Feb 22, 2010
Michigan
www.myspace.com
Ok, I have ddrum triggers on all the drums, running into PT Rig, with drumagog running. It's all triggering really nice.. EXCEPT for the damn snare! For some mysterious reason, it's the only drum I'm having toruble with being triggered. The trigger is actually picking up sound from the hihats, and other cymbals. I've tried turning the gain down on the mic pre, adjusting settings in drumagog, covering the trigger itself with foam.. nothing works. It just keeps misfiring/triggering every now and again when the hats or other cymbals are played. And the snare it's stuffed. But none of the other drums are. But the snare was a lot worse for triggering when it wasn't stuffed.

Anwyay, anyone else have this problem, and maybe have a solution to it, cuz I'm out of ideas. :zombie:

which dm trigs are you using? pros or redshots?
Are you using the snare trigger on the snare? i often found the tom triggers to be more reliable on snare.

Am I the only person who's never had ANY problems with cross triggering on the DDrums. The level of the drum hit compared to the background noise is massive.

I'm using the Pros. And yes, I am using the "Snare" trigger on the snare. I was wondering if the snare trigger was more sensitive, being that drummers typical play more intricate stuff on the snare, rather than just straight hits, like on the toms. But I don't really see the difference between the snare and tom triggers though. They look identical with the exception of the markings "Tom Tom Trigger", and "Snare Drum Trigger". And this is for metal, so I don't need to capture flams or anything like that. Just straight hits.

The DDrum Pro snare trigger has a rimshot trigger as well I believe, otherwise identical. FWIW, a lot of guys use one of the tom triggers on the snare to avoid mis-triggers caused by the 2nd element on the snare trigger. I do as well.