Dead Can Dance Announces European Tour Dates for 2012

Master_Yoda77

Juggalo
Mar 30, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
Message sent to all mailing list members:

Hello All,

We are pleased to announce we will be bringing the first leg of the World Tour to 22 European cities in September and October 2012.

As promised, we're sending this email out as we wanted to make sure that you, the fans who have signed up to our mailing list, are the very first people to know all of our news.

You can see a complete list of all the dates announced below. Tickets for the German and Hungarian dates will be on sale via www.deadcandance.com from 9am GMT this morning.

Further information and On Sale dates for the rest of the shows will also be found on the site.

SEPTEMBER

19th - HCTAT, Istanbul, Turkey
21st - Earth Theatre, Thessaloniki, Greece
23rd - Lycabetus Theatre, Athens, Greece
25th - MCV, Utrecht, Holland
27th - Grand Rex, Paris, France
29th - Cirque Royal, Brussels, Belgium

OCTOBER

1st - Alte Oper, Frankfurt, Germany
3rd - Tempodrom, Berlin, Germany
5th - CCH, Hamburg, Germany
7th - Philharmonie, Munich, Germany
8th - Philharmonie, Cologne, Germany
10th - KCP, Prague, Czech Republic
12th - Bkz Oktyabrsky, St. Petersburg, Russia
13th - Crocus City Hall, Moscow, Russia
15th - Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland
17th - Papp Laszlo Arena, Budapest, Hungary
19th - Teatro Degli Arcimboldi, Milan, Italy
20th - Batiment Des Forces Motrices, Geneva, Switzerland
22nd - Auditori, Barcelona, Spain
24th - Casa Da Musica, Porto, Portugal
26th - Royal Albert Hall, London, England
28th - Grand Canal Theatre, Dublin, Ireland

Dates for the North American, South American and Asian legs of the tour will be announced shortly, along with ticket sales information. As always, you will be the first to know.

See you in September, Europe!

Love,

Dead Can Dance

Last edited by a moderator:
Already bought my Chicago tickets. They gave a pre-sale to those who are on their mailing list, and I snagged up 2 of the $97 (middle price tickets) before they sold out. Not exactly sure where the seats are, but they are only like 15 rows from the stage. Got a free shirt as well.

I can't even express my excitement for this. I've heard from dudes on the NWN forums say that it was a life changing experience. Totally worth the ticket price.

And damn, I can't wait for their new album. I kinda hope they attempt to bring back their older darkwave/neoclassical sound instead of the tribal/world music that they eventually evolved into, but I do love pretty much everything they've done.

You'd shit if you saw my DCD collection. It's pretty epic. As for tickets, I missed the presale by minutes but I hear that's all it took. I'm going to try for Philly and Vienna since I can lodge there for free. I'll end up paying out the ass for good seats but oh well. I have money set aside for this.

Jesus, I demand pics of your collection. If I ever get a job I may work on getting a DCD collection. I already have a first press of Spleen and Ideal.

And yeah, the Chicago tickets didn't sell out that quickly apparently. I waited nearly a day before I purchased mine. But I do advise that you buy your tickets the moment they go on sale.

BTW what do you think their set is going to be like? I've seen their 2005 set list from their last tour and, quite frankly, it's a bit lame. Not a single track from the first 3 albums and only "Severance" from "The Serpent's Egg." Glad to see tracks like Black Sun and How Fortunate the Man With None on their though. The Salem's Lot Aria is amazing as well. But seriously, how can they not fucking play Xavier or even The Host of Seraphim???

I'm sure they are going to play some new tracks as well, like they always do at their live shows.

I think there will be new tracks but not like, the surprise new ones people got on the 2005 tour with Crescent. I'd like to see some of the earlier stuff too but don't think too much will work its way into the setlist. Seeing Xavier done live would be amazing plus Brendan's voice seems to have only grown stronger over the years.

As for the collection, I'll try to get it in one place over the next few days. I have a nasty ex snooping around that knows the value of some of it so some of the higher priced stuff isn't here. It still has a ways to go but I'm pretty proud of it.

As far as tickets go, I'm probably going to wait and get raped over Stub Hub or ebay but get the seats I want. I want their spittle raining down on me.

Here it is. Feel like I'm forgetting some stuff but oh well. Pretty close.

The vinyl: Originals + 180g Re-releases with John Peel Sessions + Mobility Fidelity reissues + Brendan Perry solo + Signed 3LP Chicago show + Ubiquitous Picture Disc.

dcd007.jpg

The CD's: Originals + official bootlegs + Entire North American tour + majority of European tour (still working on a few dates to have the entire 2005 tour on disc)

dcd006.jpg

The SACD's: Velvet box version of SACD releases x2 + 1981-1998 3CD Box + 1996 Tour Program with CD

dcd005.jpg

Work in progress, of course.

Here it is. Feel like I'm forgetting some stuff but oh well. Pretty close.

The vinyl: Originals + 180g Re-releases with John Peel Sessions + Mobility Fidelity reissues + Brendan Perry solo + Signed 3LP Chicago show + Ubiquitous Picture Disc.

dcd007.jpg

The CD's: Originals + official bootlegs + Entire North American tour + majority of European tour (still working on a few dates to have the entire 2005 tour on disc)

dcd006.jpg

The SACD's: Velvet box version of SACD releases x2 + 1981-1998 3CD Box + 1996 Tour Program with CD

dcd005.jpg

Work in progress, of course.

Wow. I own the SACD remasters and that's it. :OMG:

Thanks. I love hearing the different spins on the material on the live albums. Got a ways to go but a few of the Holy Grails have already been taken care of (the signed 3LP Chicago + whole North American tour). Shit gets expensive :/ Means nothing without seeing them live, though :)

I got an e-mail saying the location of my seats. To summarize: I'll be seeing the sweat on Brendan and Lisa's faces. Not super close, but easily withing 20 feet of the stage.