Dead Can Dance Announces European Tour Dates for 2012

Yeah I actually like Severance, but could do without a few things.

Would really like to see The Carnival is Over (not likely}, Crescent, Black Sun, Rakim, Avatar, The Trial, and yeah basically anything from the first 4 albums would be way killer.

Still haven't got my SLC tickets yet, but I found the availability is still good so next week it is I guess.

I assume most of you already saw it, but Brandan Perry announced the new album title "Anastasis" in a contest on his forums.

Anastasis is the Greek word of Resurrection. "Anastasis" is meant to signify the "rebirth" of Dead Can Dance and to coincide with the Spring (in the Southern Hemisphere) release date of August 9th.

The concept of "rebirth" and "resurrection" sounds familiar in Dead Can Dance. I get the same vibe with "Within the Realm of a Dying Sun" which I split into two parts: Brendan's part and Lisa's part. Brendan's part as his aura of complete helplessness and despair, and then in "Dawn of the Iconoclast" Lisa's sudden "rebirth" spews forth. The "rebirth" doesn't seem happy or kind, as evident in the ending of "Cantara" which sounds fucking mean and aggressive. The synths and bells in "Summoning of the Muse" further emphasize the "rebellion" of sorts in the 2nd half of the album, and fucking Persephone, Hades reluctant wife in Greek mythology, marks the end of the "rebellion" and "rebirth." The album ends where it beings: in despair, isolation, and sin.

I'm drunk. Leave me alone. This is my rough/drunk analysis of WTROADS that I've been meaning to write.

Got my tickets. Can't wait, but also anxious. I really hope the new material is good. I really like most everything Gerrard has done since the two split, but Perry's music has been fairly sparse and subpar. I thought Art was a pretty mediocre album. Either way, hearing Gerrard sing in person is something I've been yearning for for ages.

Yeah, I only managed to listen to half of it, as I am busy in Oxford studying and drinking at pubs, but I was impressed. It seemed like a return to their old sound, while still retaining that world-music feel. I am a fan already.

The full album stream is done on the website, but some people have uploaded it to youtube. I'll probably just order the main CD, as I can't afford anything these days, and considering I'm blowing my money on ales here in England.

Listened to it 4 times now, so I'm starting to get a feel for it. Wasn't crazy about it on first listen, but its growing on me. "Amnesia" is a great song. All of the Gerrard tracks are solid, with "The Return of the She-King" being the best. Basically "Children of the Sun" is the only track I don't like. "Sunflowers in our hair"? Come on Brendan...

Yeah, my friend had similar thoughts on Children of the Sun. I think its a good song, but the lyrics aren't quite as good as... say, Xavier.

But anyways, I just noticed this in my spam folder regarding the tour. "The tour will feature many of the classic Dead Can Dance songs, the new album Anastasis, and a few surprises!"

God, what I'd do to hear ANYTHING from the first 3 albums. I don't how more classic you can get besides Cantara.

To anyone that bought tickets during the Pre-sale for the DCD e-mail fanclub thing: have you guys received your tickets yet? I got my free shirt, but not my tickets, and my show is less than 2 weeks away.

Here's a partial:

Children of the Sun
Anabasis
Opium
Sanvean
Rakim
All in Good Time
Return of the She-King
The Host of Seraphim
Dreams Made Flesh
Amnesia
Nierika
Encore:
The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove
Encore 2:
Ime Prezakias
Encore 3:
Song of the Siren
(Tim Buckley cover)

No Cantara amazes me but maybe they consider it done to death. I don't think this is complete anyway.

In other news, I see Ark was released on vinyl recently. Best price I could find is Amazon for $34 free shipping. My DCD limited box still hasn't shipped but they gave anyone who preordered a free high-quality download of it.