Dead End - what do you think of song and mix?

VMP

New Metal Member
May 22, 2009
Hi guys, it's my first post here.

I'd like to know your opinions of the song, sound and mix. I've written the whole thing, recorded it at home using Tone Port for guitars, Ez-Drummer (+ other samples for snare and kick) for drums, Trilogy for bass and my friend SkullH for vocals (I sang some harmonies on chorus and the clean part, but I'm not much of a singer), everything put together and mixed in Cool Edit Pro.
The song is called "Dead End" and it's inspired by zombie movies and games ;) (for those of you who played Left 4 Dead, you may recognize two lines from the game I used for the intro). Oh, and I've recorded the zombie sounds by myself :lol:

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1186567/VMP & SkullH - Dead End 192.mp3

or www.myspace.com/studiovmp where I've got some other, older songs.

Enjoy the song and let me know what you guys think :)

its all pretty good except for the drums... not a fan off the kick, the hihats are very programmed sounding (change up their velocities) and im not a fan of the snare either... guitars are fine...

Yeah, hihats and cymbals overall are pain in the ass for me... EZD doesn't do it for me. I guess snare and kick can be controversial - I sampled them out of Lamb of God's Chris Adler drums, and he has very non orthodox sound ;) thanks for your opinion!