Dead Eyes Acoustic cover

furaz

New Metal Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hey guys,
recently, I recorded an acoustic cover version of In Flames' song Dead Eyes from the Siren Charms album.
If you're interested, please have a look and feel free to leave a comment.

Cheers!

I happened across this the other day. Great work! "Dead Eyes" really lends itself to stripped-down renditions like these. I know In Flames themselves did an acoustic version of it some time ago.

Thanks man!
Yeah, you're right. There is an original acoustic version of the song on the iRockRadio YT-Channel I was inspired by. ;-)
I think there are not many In Flames songs which can be interpreted nicely on piano because of the in between guitar-parts with no common harmony/melody.

Such an under-appreciated song, even by myself! It recently won some little award for IF's accoustic performance, which is nice!

I am not a fan of the vocals (talking about the cover now), but I suppose it's more of a placeholder? Anyhow, I'd like to hear it with your piano cover plus a female singer; it would sound pretty dope.

I totally agree. My singing is not the best, the focus is meant to be on the piano. Female vocals would be a nice alternation to the original, I like this idea. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Jester Slave
Hey man. I agree with Jester Slave, vocals could be better. Its not too bad its okey, but it could be better. Female vocals + piano would be very interesting to hear. I love it when people cover IF songs on piano so its pretty good. Dead Eyes is one of my favorites from Siren Charms, so I'll probably listen it again. Nice work overall.

Reactions: furaz
Vocals could be better, like those from anders in the show. Just being sarcastic by the way. But I think that the song sounds better acoustic, despite anders awful performance.

In hindsight, they might've missed a big opportunity by not making it acoustic in the first place. They already had Through Oblivion and WEWO on the record.

As for (Anders') vocals, he only screwed himself with the first half of the chorus. The verses fits his voice greatly, but he made the chorus so high-pitched it's just impossible to nail it perfectly within his voice range. His saving grace is that within the context of the song, his failing voice kinda makes sense, but it could've been much better.

In hindsight, they might've missed a big opportunity by not making it acoustic in the first place. They already had Through Oblivion and WEWO on the record.

As for (Anders') vocals, he only screwed himself with the first half of the chorus. The verses fits his voice greatly, but he made the chorus so high-pitched it's just impossible to nail it perfectly within his voice range. His saving grace is that within the context of the song, his failing voice kinda makes sense, but it could've been much better.
His singing con that acoustic version is terrible. It's not only that his voice is a mess, is also that he is out of tone, with the music, and with himself.

You describe it really well. It's shitty that Anders sings the chorus in a completely different key than in the original song. But he often does that in live versions. What I really like on the other hand is the "roughness" in his voice, especially in the verses. It's awesome.

Reactions: Jester Slave
You describe it really well. It's shitty that Anders sings the chorus in a completely different key than in the original song. But he often does that in live versions. What I really like on the other hand is the "roughness" in his voice, especially in the verses. It's awesome.
Agreed, it's what makes that (and many other) song impactful. Liberation - another great song - is very similar.