Deadwing.com has been updated, and you can here Mike...

Nuk3m said:
Hmmmm, i think someone got over wanting to be a mod and turned off his little filter....YAY for me i predicted this
:D

Moonlapse is a mod, and he was shit slinging at steven wilson left and right.

I chose to defend SW, and that makes me unelligable to be a mod? interesting.

YAY for you, youre a tool.

@NFU: Well, the thread starter said you could hear Mike and since those vocals most closely resemble him, I just took it for granted. Could well not be... in any case, it undermines whoever's vocal talent (unless they got some homeless Brit to do it in which case it prolly does him justice).

Moonlapse said:
@NFU: Well, the thread starter said you could hear Mike and since those vocals most closely resemble him, I just took it for granted. Could well not be... in any case, it undermines whoever's vocal talent (unless they got some homeless Brit to do it in which case it prolly does him justice).
If it werent so deep, id say it was steven wilson...but im thinking its Adrian Belew at the moment...his voice sounds quite similar...i just havent heard it in a spoken word context yet, so i cant say for sure.

Either way, if it is mikael, good thing hes doing spoken word part and not "WOO, another vocal harmony" ;)

NineFeetUnderground said:
Moonlapse is a mod, and he was shit slinging at steven wilson left and right.

I chose to defend SW, and that makes me unelligable to be a mod? interesting.

YAY for you, youre a tool.

Tool? Tool to what?

I think your shed is a few tools short mate

I said that youd go to being yourself again, opinionated and not really care who it offenced unlike a while back where you were pretty much on kissing everyones ass and calling it ice-cream because the talk of a new mod was going around.

Now seeing that the talk has gone down were all back to normal, and yes dorian I rape myself too......with weights.....and feel it all day................................................................................................................................................................................................................................in bed

Nuk3m said:
Tool? Tool to what?

I think your shed is a few tools short mate

I said that youd go to being yourself again, opinionated and not really care who it offenced unlike a while back where you were pretty much on kissing everyones ass and calling it ice-cream because the talk of a new mod was going around.

Now seeing that the talk has gone down were all back to normal, and yes dorian I rape myself too......with weights.....and feel it all day................................................................................................................................................................................................................................in bed

my current behavior and opinions on the current subjectmatter is no different than if i was a mod. Coincidentally, people werent acting quite as retarded during that period...i think thats the issue. So pop the cork, and celebrate your little bet with yourself if need be, but i disagree on that being whats going on.

^I'm thinking Moonlapse is about to whip some ass. Wish I would've never said anything.

NineFeetUnderground said:
my current behavior and opinions on the current subjectmatter is no different than if i was a mod. Coincidentally, people werent acting quite as retarded during that period...i think thats the issue. So pop the cork, and celebrate your little bet with yourself if need be, but i disagree on that being whats going on.

*pops cork* WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and the issue is that your behaviour has changed due to your want of being a mod has been downsized because the subject hasnt been up for much chat......

anyways thats just an observation i made and its all subjective of course.......back to the celebrating

*puts lamp shade on head*

:p :p

Moonlapse said:
Hate to break this up and shit guys, but it's derailing the thread. You can always shout obscenities through PM and spare us.

Yea, good job mr. "too late now". Back when atlas shrugged/allwithin my monster was filling up the forum with all that slander of me with those absurd lies and made up stories, you just thought that was the funniest shit ever, someone taking my personal life, rearranging it and posting on here for your amusement...but after 3 posts of me and nukem disagreeing, you find that to be "off topic". Pretty convenient, good to see a fair mod on this forum. :err:

If you wanted that slander-fest stopped all you had to do was message me privately and I would've taken care of it. I can't recall that thread too well (and no, that isn't being selective with my memory). But if there is anything in the future that offends you in the forum, just tell me about it and I'll see what can be done.

Anyhow, enough of this here, I think if we dig deep enough back to the root, we'll find this thread was somewhat about Deadwing.

Moonlapse said:
If you wanted that slander-fest stopped all you had to do was message me privately and I would've taken care of it. I can't recall that thread too well (and no, that isn't being selective with my memory). But if there is anything in the future that offends you in the forum, just tell me about it and I'll see what can be done.

Anyhow, enough of this here, I think if we dig deep enough back to the root, we'll find this thread was somewhat about Deadwing.
I had asked you twice to remove his posts or him from the thread. You didnt comply, just made some remark about how it was more entertaining than a soap opera or something of that nature. Whatever...in the future, i hope youll stick by that more.

You guys make me laugh.

Anyways, I keep listening to that sample just to hear that piano! Sounds awesome and I can't wait until March. The Floydish sample that plays during the studio footage also has me excited.

I think this one is going to sound a lot more like LS and SD. I thought there was too much filler on IA. Only three or four of those songs were standouts really, and some of it sounded too much like a retread of the previous two. I am anticipating this album more than the new Opeth right now.

MasterOLightning said:
I think this one is going to sound a lot more like LS and SD. I thought there was too much filler on IA. Only three or four of those songs were standouts really, and some of it sounded too much like a retread of the previous two. I am anticipating this album more than the new Opeth right now.
Im anticipating both greatly, but i dont think one more than the other. I didnt think In Absentia had much "filler" on it...not anymore than their previous releases really. But it was some semi new water for him to tread, this one may be similar...but perhaps more refined. We shall have to wait and see.

ok I heard somewhere that this was gonna be a "heavier" record for the band, and I also heard somewhere that In Absentia was the "heavy" record and this one is gonna be mellower again. Apparently not, according to the teaser.

Dreadful said:
ok I heard somewhere that this was gonna be a "heavier" record for the band, and I also heard somewhere that In Absentia was the "heavy" record and this one is gonna be mellower again. Apparently not, according to the teaser.

I heard that in absentia was supposed to be the "metal" inspired record, and that deadwing was more of a return to "hard rock"...but that also seems to be the opposite according to the teaser. So i dont know what to think really. Either way ill be pleased im sure.

Yes I too heard about this supposedly being a more mellow record back to their rock roots. Even so the heavier parts of the trailer were very rocky and don't sound as metal influenced as some of the parts on In Absentia. Even so, my favourite parts of PT is when they explore ambience and sonic soundscapes as opposed to a bad reindition of what countless other bands do.

For some reason the new link doesn't work for me, but I went the puzzle route and was able to click the "Sinking Unending" link. Sounds really good to me. I thought "In Absentia" was a great mix of prog rock and metal, so whatever they do...if they mix it up it should be great.

Seth