Dear Mr. Slate:

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
Hi, long time ultimate metal user, first time posting on this andy sneap board. Been lurking here for awhile. Wanna thank you guys for all the great tips and discussions here.

Anyways, i just purchased SSD3.0 and am having a bit of a problem. When i go to register it (through the whole native instruments program thing), it says my serial number is already in use for another user account. does this mean that somebody is already using my serial number? what can i do about this? because i obviously do not want this program for a 7 day trial period.

Any help from the forum or Mr. Slate himself would be greatly appreciated! :kickass:

sorry i thought this would be faster since it seems many of the users on this forum use ssd and maybe have encountered this problem before. plus slate himself travels this board. my bad.

I strongly disagree with having to activate shit that I have paid for so I just keep re-installing the 7 day trial period. lol.

If I paid for it don't hassle me!

I strongly disagree with having to activate shit that I have paid for so I just keep re-installing the 7 day trial period. lol.

If I paid for it don't hassle me!

I generally hate shit like that, too. But with Slate, well it comes with this NI Kontakt Player (which is great somehow, because I neither wanna use or buy Kontakt). Did I mention I HATE Native Instruments...? So you need to register that NI Service Center thing. Took no longer than 5 minutes and that's it. Just worked since then. This is about what is still acceptable to me though.

To the original poster, I read something they had problems in the last day swith the system generating wrong serial numbers. Check out www.stevenslatedrums.com/forum. I'm shure you will be taken care of.

I haven't received my SSD 3 yet, however, I do wish that it was iLok rather than whatever this activation is. Hopefully installation goes smooth when I get my order.

I havent had much experience with iLok but from the experience i do have, its confusing! maybe it was just a one time fluke but i could not wrap my head around that shit.

And about my original post, the slate support email seems to be taking care of the problem which is good. thanks to anybody for their suggestions.

Did I mention I HATE Native Instruments...? So you need to register that NI Service Center thing. Took no longer than 5 minutes and that's it. Just worked since then. This is about what is still acceptable to me though.

me too! when I installed battery3, I ran into trouble. took them a few days to sort out things on their end which was a pain in the ass. when I buy something, I like to use it right away!