Death at Paladinos

Jeff Milne

Oct 29, 2002
Visit site
Has anyone else heard that a member of Xpeld died in the dressing room at Paladino's last weekend?

Did they ever open for the MaidenS? and/or did they play at that awards show the MaidenS played at in late 2005?

It's a very sad thing. We have lost a wonderful human being, a wonderful talent and just a beautiful spirit in this music community. Jeff Lenhart, the singer, guitarist and leader of his band XPeld passed away last Friday at Paladinos during his band's set. He broke a string, went to the dressing room to change it during a drum solo, and never came back out. He was found deceased sitting still holding his guitar. Music was Jeff's life and he left this world still clutching his guitar. God bless him. He was a person who never had a bad word to say about anybody. He was one of the last of the truly genuinely good people who sincerely cared about everybody, friend or not. We shared the stage with Xpeld numerous times and will dearly miss his presence.

Services will be held this Saturday at 2:00 Praisewater Meyer-Mitchell 5940 Van Nuys Blvd in Van Nuys. (818-785-8617). This will be open to all who knew Jeff. A memorial trust fund is being set up for his two young boys, Jordan and Marky. More information forthcoming... http://www.myspace.com/xpeld R.I.P. Jeff. :cry:

A memorial trust fund is being set up for his two young boys, Jordan and Marky. More information forthcoming... http://www.myspace.com/xpeld R.I.P. Jeff. :cry:

We received this from his bandmate. His children are just 7 and 19 mos.
So tragic... :cry:

In Lieu of flowers, donations may be made to his family at:
C/O Warsi Lenhart at 17216 Saticoy St. #225, Van Nuys, Ca 91406-2103

Thank you all for your concern for Jeff Lenhart and his family. As the drummer in Xpeld for a very short time, I got to know Jeff as an Xpeld fan first--due to my long-time friendship with bassist Andy Sheer.

I would go into detail about what happened, but Andy & I have been doing that non-stop all week, trying to arrange the upcoming tribute shows for Jeff. Rather, you can view my depiction of what happened at my MySpace blog, "The Loss of More Than A Friend", at www.myspace.com/silleestringz.

Jeff was a true mate, dedicated to his craft, and loved all his friends like they were already family. He will be greatly missed, to say the very least. My special thanks to Aja and the ladies in The Iron Maidens for their support, loyalty and devotion.

Peace to all,
Duayne Howard
Drummer
Xpeld/Project Steiger

Thanks Jeff, I saw that but I've sent donations before to other people in (unfortunately) similar circumstances and oftentimes, the person we make the check out to is not the same person who is on the address. I'll pm Duayne - he'll probably know for sure.

Warsi is his ( Jeff's) widow so I think it should be ok to make a check out to her - for those of you who wish to contribute to his family.

This info comes directly from his obituary, which was sent to us from Duayne. Here it is in full:

Jeff Lenhart, 45, of Van Nuys, Ca. passed away suddenly on Sept. 28. 2007 doing what he loved, playing in concert with his band XPELD. Jeff was born on Feb. 13, 1962 in Levittown PA.
Jeff is survived by his loving and devoted wife Warsi, their two young children, Jordan, age 7 and Mark age 19 months, parents Mark Lenhart and Dorothy Rader, brothers Dan Lenhart, Ed Lenhart, Bob Rader, Kurt Unterkoefler and sister Robyn Hadem.
Jeff worked for 17 years as a parts and service manager at Gene Berg GMC Dealership. He also was an avid musician who loved to write songs and perform with several bands he founded.
Family and friends are invited to a memorial service for Jeff on Saturday Oct. 6, 2007 at 2:00pm at the Praisewater Meyer-Mitchell funeral home located at 5940 Van Nuys Bl. In Van Nuys, CA 91401 In Lieu of flowers, donations may be made to his family at:
C/O Warsi Lenhart at 17216 Saticoy St. #225, Van Nuys, Ca 91406-2103

Thanks Jeff, I saw that but I've sent donations before to other people in (unfortunately) similar circumstances and oftentimes, the person we make the check out to is not the same person who is on the address. I'll pm Duayne - he'll probably know for sure.

Wanda, I don't think you have to worry about "wrong" people getting the checks here. There is not a bad seed in Jeff's world, and this is his widow as confirmed. If you or anyone else would rather not mail a check, they will be having a benefit show on Sunday, October 14th at Paladinos. I've been in contact with his brother and I will be happy to share more info as soon as I know more. That way you can just go and donate there in person. :saint:

Wanda, I don't think you have to worry about "wrong" people getting the checks here. There is not a bad seed in Jeff's world, and this is his widow as confirmed. If you or anyone else would rather not mail a check, they will be having a benefit show on Sunday, October 14th at Paladinos. I've been in contact with his brother and I will be happy to share more info as soon as I know more. That way you can just go and donate there in person. :saint:
Yes, please keep us posted on what will be coming up, Linda. I know this has been tough for you, Mark and Sara as you all knew Jeff so much better than the rest of us.

A small update on Jeff's benefit show at Paladinos on Oct. 14th, it will be an afternoon event with bands performing from 2:00pm - 7:30 pm. I went to Paladino's earlier today and there is a donation recepticle at the entrance with people reaching out and donating freely already. I hear there will be another benefit held on Oct. 27th but don't know too much about that as of this typing.

Man, that is sad news.

I seriously hope that the family will be ok through all of this.

Did he have life insurance set up for his family or a Will to leave to his family?
Just wondering.

You never know when your time will be up. "Tomorrow is promised to no man." "Life is a vapor, and like the grass that grows and then withers away."

Not to make a cheap joke or anything, but in all honesty: "There's a time to live, and a time to die. When it is time to meet The Maker."