Death Is Gain: The artist behind MOS

"Death Awaits" - How could the month of October NOT have a foreboding image of death on it? The good thing is, for those of us that believe, when our time comes, we get to brush this guy off and walk past him. "because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:2)

10-DIG-CAL-2010-Death.jpg

What man can live and not see death,
or save himself from the power of the grave

Psalm 89:48

"Come and Rest" - For November (and the holidays), I decided to take the gloom down a few notches. I mean, how could you stare at a rotting carcass while you're eating Thanksgiving dinner? Okay, we do stare at one (a turkey), but I wanted to lighten up for the holidays. I struggled to come up with an appropriate image for a while, till this one came to me. I also dedicate it to all those who suffer on this earth, whether physical, mental or spiritual. One day there will be no more pain.

11-DIG-CAL-2010-ComeAndRest.jpg

There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp
or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.
And they will reign for ever and ever.

Revelation 22:5

"Come and Rest" - For November (and the holidays), I decided to take the gloom down a few notches. I mean, how could you stare at a rotting carcass while you're eating Thanksgiving dinner? Okay, we do stare at one (a turkey), but I wanted to lighten up for the holidays. I struggled to come up with an appropriate image for a while, till this one came to me. I also dedicate it to all those who suffer on this earth, whether physical, mental or spiritual. One day there will be no more pain.

11-DIG-CAL-2010-ComeAndRest.jpg

There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp
or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.
And they will reign for ever and ever.

Revelation 22:5

This applies for me. It applies for all of us. I had a big time of struggling a few years back and I'm so glad it is gone. Pain will come, pain will go, until we get to heaven. :headbang: thanks dude I love this one a especially!

"Waker of Dead" - Well, here we come to December, the last month in 2010 and in some way full circle. January began with a person freeing someone from ice, and December has some one freeing people from stone. Once again, I wanted a not so gloomy image for the holidays. It still has a tinge, but it conveys the hope of the birth of the Messiah. We are all called to share that hope that is within our hearts, as a light to those in the darkness.

12-DIG-CAL-2010-WakingTheDead.jpg

But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him?
And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him?
And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?
And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!?

Romans 10:14

"Death On the Run" - Here we are on the last month in my calendar, and the one it derives it's name from. The whole calendar is a concept of sorts, showing surrealistic aspects of a person's spiritual life. It started with some one being freed from the bonds of icy death, and took us through battles, losses, victory and finally full circle to someone freeing others from the bonds of hard hearts. In the end, all the victories in life, can only be achieved through Jesus' victory over death. That victory doesn't mean that we won't suffer, fall or die, but that we will be resurrected to a glorious new life with Christ. This picture is not meant to show death as some banshee racing along looking for his next victim, but instead he is fleeing from his coming doom.

13-DIG-CAL-2010-DeathOntheRun.jpg

When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality,
then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.
Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” The sting of death is sin,
and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Corinthians 15:54-57

I appreciate everyone taking the time to look at my images, and more so, I appreciate those that have bought the calendars.

"Death On the Run" - Here we are on the last month in my calendar, and the one it derives it's name from. The whole calendar is a concept of sorts, showing surrealistic aspects of a person's spiritual life. It started with some one being freed from the bonds of icy death, and took us through battles, losses, victory and finally full circle to someone freeing others from the bonds of hard hearts. In the end, all the victories in life, can only be achieved through Jesus' victory over death. That victory doesn't mean that we won't suffer, fall or die, but that we will be resurrected to a glorious new life with Christ. This picture is not meant to show death as some banshee racing along looking for his next victim, but instead he is fleeing from his coming doom.

13-DIG-CAL-2010-DeathOntheRun.jpg

When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality,
then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.
Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” The sting of death is sin,
and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Corinthians 15:54-57

I appreciate everyone taking the time to look at my images, and more so, I appreciate those that have bought the calendars.

Perfect way to close up the year. THANKS! :headbang: