Death magnetic gh3 mix

Ya know, just to keep this site from getting in trouble with sharing copyrighted material ... let's refrain from asking for links and such. The songs are widely available via P2P - one might say you'd find them amongst pirates.

Ya know, just to keep this site from getting in trouble with sharing copyrighted material ... let's refrain from asking for links and such. The songs are widely available via P2P - one might say you'd find them amongst pirates.

+1

As a side note, so far I've seen something like 10 interviews with different members of Metallica since the cd came out ... why is it no one seems to have asked them about the sound quality or for that matter, why have they not made some kind of official statement about it? I mean, even their mastering engineer made a statement about the sound of the final version but I've heard nothing from any of them. I find it highly unlikely that they are unaware of the sound, at least at this point especially considering all of the online buzz about the GH3 versions sounding better and such.

I have a theory. Could this be a marketing and sales trick of sorts? They build up the hype to where they know a lot of people will buy it when it comes out (this has already been proved) despite the sound quality. Now people are becoming aware that their is the possibility of a really good sounding version ... are they waiting for the hype to die down a little, sales to start dropping off and then they release a statement saying they will be offering a remixed/mastered version for an extremely cheap price? So they sell a million copies or something and then just to keep the momentum going offer the better version for like $2. They would still make back more than the cost (if any real cost is incurred) of a new pressing and also those doubled up purchases of the same disc still count towards SoundScan figures wouldn't they?

I know it seems like a super shitty thing and maybe this theory is completely unrealistic but it seems more plausible each day that we don't hear an official statement from the band or their management about why cd was approved for release with such subpar quality

Just random thoughts

As a side note, so far I've seen something like 10 interviews with different members of Metallica since the cd came out ... why is it no one seems to have asked them about the sound quality or for that matter, why have they not made some kind of official statement about it? I mean, even their mastering engineer made a statement about the sound of the final version but I've heard nothing from any of them. I find it highly unlikely that they are unaware of the sound, at least at this point especially considering all of the online buzz about the GH3 versions sounding better and such.

I have a theory. Could this be a marketing and sales trick of sorts? They build up the hype to where they know a lot of people will buy it when it comes out (this has already been proved) despite the sound quality. Now people are becoming aware that their is the possibility of a really good sounding version ... are they waiting for the hype to die down a little, sales to start dropping off and then they release a statement saying they will be offering a remixed/mastered version for an extremely cheap price? So they sell a million copies or something and then just to keep the momentum going offer the better version for like $2. They would still make back more than the cost (if any real cost is incurred) of a new pressing and also those doubled up purchases of the same disc still count towards SoundScan figures wouldn't they?

I know it seems like a super shitty thing and maybe this theory is completely unrealistic but it seems more plausible each day that we don't hear an official statement from the band or their management about why cd was approved for release with such subpar quality

Just random thoughts

Very interesting point..I thought by myself, that would be a VERY cheeky case ! An icecold calculating record company could be happy, If someone had the genial Idea, to create a Hype, like this DM "accident", to sell more copys:D

That´s a case for Michael Moore:headbang: Can someone cantact him ? *smile*

We only can speculate..but i´m getting sick, when I think, that could be real..:puke:

We all don´t know.

That would be too crazy..isn´t it..what do you think ?

WOW - INDEED...u can tell for sure the sound in GH3 is much better!

Cant believe nobody at the band + record label + Rick "noticed" this HORRIBLE clipping and compression.

Which is exactly why I think SkinnyViking is right. Because how could one NOT notice or like that?

What's really weird is that I haeven't heard any of my non-audio friends and colleagues heard complaining about the sound quality.

Hmm, strange. Most of my non-audio-freak friends have told me it sounds like their speakers will explode and complained about the distortion. It's probably the first time I ever hear the casual listener complain about a mix :O

Well.. i'm rockin' the GH3 mix @ work and it's quite enjoyable to listen, maybe i'll even buy the album and put it on the shelf (done it a few times)

Anywho, my mate at work said that there was something strange about the metallica cd, when i showed him the comparison between the two mixes he was shocked. Other mate said he can't hear it, but his headphones have bass boost and mids cut to non-existance so whatever. Anywho, the guys at the office think it's some kind of marketing gimick, the just can't tell why and what it is (God, i hate working in advertising, everything and your mother is a marketig gimick nowadays)

Well.. i'm rockin' the GH3 mix @ work and it's quite enjoyable to listen, maybe i'll even buy the album and put it on the shelf (done it a few times)

Anywho, my mate at work said that there was something strange about the metallica cd, when i showed him the comparison between the two mixes he was shocked. Other mate said he can't hear it, but his headphones how bass boost and mids cut to non-existance so whatever. Anywho, the guys at the office think it's some kind of marketing gimick, the just can't tell why and what it is (God, i hate working in advertising, everything and your mother is a marketig gimick nowadays)

Yeah thats pretty much exactly what I said ... take a look about 12 posts back ;)