Death Magnetic - Out Sep. 12 Worldwide

Godhead59

Dim Sam
Jun 6, 2006
Harlequin Forest
It's official.
I'm getting pretty excited, I love Metallica. They also shot a video for "The Day That Never Comes" in the desert, which apparently has a chopper and some army action in it.

Here's some details written by Todd Brown of MTV:

Yesterday afternoon I drove an hour north of Los Angeles into the desert to the set of Metallica’s “The Day That Never Comes” video shoot. The location is designed to look like someplace in the Middle East, and when we arrived, the crew was filming a scene wherein U.S. Marines were apparently negotiating a situation involving a Middle Eastern man, his burka-clad wife and a broken-down Yugo.

This was day one of a two-day epic video shoot that, according to James Hetfield, has to do with humanity and forgiveness. From what I witnessed, it looks more like a short film than a video, and it’s certainly timely given the current global situation. However, both James and Lars were adamant that they are not making a political statement about the war but instead trying to bring together people of different political views and religions, and focus on humanity. Regardless, the video has action, soldiers, explosions, wounded men and a helicopter.

Reading the treatment reminded me a little bit of Metallica’s first video, “One.” After watching some of the filming, we got a chance to talk to the band. They had just flown in from San Francisco moments earlier and were a little late getting to the set after their driver took a wrong turn in the desert.

We talked about working with Rick Rubin, their updated sound, an upcoming Metallica video game, the 20th anniversary of their album “And Justice for All,” recording and touring with “new” bassist Robert Trujillo, and much, much more. And they had nothing but great things to say about Robert. In fact, James Hetfield went as far as saying that “Rob had contributed more to this record than Jason [Newsted] had in 15 years.”

After the 40-minute interview concluded, Lars put on his shorts and running shoes to get a little exercise before heading over to the stage. As I was walking back to my car, Lars ran by, so I decided to jog along with him for a bit. But he is in much better shape than I, so within minutes he pulled ahead and left me in the dust.

Get ready for a stinker.

Heh, Although It's not like I ever liked Metallica anyway so it's not like it matters what I say either way on the matter.

I think that the unknown feeling and all within my hands are really great songs; the rest is just how do you say? "meh"

Anyway, looking forward to hearing new stuff as I have high hopes because of the new bass player and the producer. Metallica were always able to come up with some great riffs and if they pulled theirselves together this time there's some great music ahead.

I'd say St. Anger is worse. At least on Load they attempted to shake things up a bit, and for the most part, it was an interesting listen.

Im really exited about the new album. St. Anger sucked but all else has been great. The new album should be fast and have some killer riffs and solos. At least the videos on Mission Metallica have pointed majorly in that direction. Bring on September 12th, I will be at the store when the doors open!!

Well, I had given up on Slayer and I really like Christ Illusion so I'm holding out hope. It has to be so hard to stay "hungry" and make a powerful album that doesn't sound forced when you're in your 40's and a millionaire.