Death Magnetic - Out Sep. 12 Worldwide

I like the build up to the chorus, the riff under the chorus, and solo with the little harmonized part. Its like a heavy proggy Metallica, could be something magnetic. I hope they avoided the "Load" distortion on the record, they need to crank those guitars up again make them sound crunchy.

For god's sake yes... they haven't had real crunchy guitars since Justice which to me is the ultimate in crunchiness. :kickass::headbang::worship:

I just hope that the band realizes how much is riding on this record. A lot of people are viewing this as the album that will either cement Metallica's return to greatness or write them off forever as "The band that once was, but is no more and shall never be again." I'm cautiously optimistic due to Rick Rubin's influence and the fact that the band at least appears cognizant of the fact that most people want a return to that classic Metallica sound (Lightning / Master / Justice).

I was excited about this album until I heard that one of the song titles was The Unforgiven III. I dunno, maybe it will actually be a good song. But to me that just smacks of unoriginality and desperation. I think that's when I threw in the towel with them...when Unforgiven II was released (Far from being the continuation of some sort of epic saga, it was just a rehash of an older song. And not a very good one at that). Now, instead of being excited by all the hype, I'm just remaining cautiously optimistic.

I guess we'll all find out in another month.

think that's when I threw in the towel with them...when Unforgiven II was released (Far from being the continuation of some sort of epic saga, it was just a rehash of an older song. And not a very good one at that).

You really think so? I actually think the idea behind II was brilliant - having an opposite to the first one, almost a like a negative. Where the first Unforgiven had a "heavy" verse and "light" chorus, the second one was the other way round. And the lyrics were just as good as the first one. Even the solo is nice.

Definately one of my favorite later Metallica tracks.

^+1, I have always enjoyed Unforgiven II as much as I enjoyed the first one, so I can't wait for the third one:headbang:

I just hope that the band realizes how much is riding on this record. A lot of people are viewing this as the album that will either cement Metallica's return to greatness or write them off forever as "The band that once was, but is no more and shall never be again." I'm cautiously optimistic due to Rick Rubin's influence and the fact that the band at least appears cognizant of the fact that most people want a return to that classic Metallica sound (Lightning / Master / Justice).

I was excited about this album until I heard that one of the song titles was The Unforgiven III. I dunno, maybe it will actually be a good song. But to me that just smacks of unoriginality and desperation. I think that's when I threw in the towel with them...when Unforgiven II was released (Far from being the continuation of some sort of epic saga, it was just a rehash of an older song. And not a very good one at that). Now, instead of being excited by all the hype, I'm just remaining cautiously optimistic.

I guess we'll all find out in another month.

From what Ive heard, Rubin is the one that talked them into being influenced by older records, and was hardly ever around during the writing process. Rick offered some input on certain ideas, but never told them to try certain chords like Bob Rock did. Also I have heard that the Unforgiven 3 is the instrumental track.

cyanide is pretty okay actually o_O........
it would actually be a pretty hilarious contrast to lower the expectations of everyone with a really shitty album and then after five years surprise people with a masterpiece...

I'll download it when it first comes out. No way I'm wasting my money on another shit sandwich like St. Anger.

Cyanide is OK. It's definitely better than St. Anger but it's still much worse than their old stuff and even the black album.

I just hope that the band realizes how much is riding on this record. A lot of people are viewing this as the album that will either cement Metallica's return to greatness or write them off forever as "The band that once was, but is no more and shall never be again."

I think it's alreadý too late. They've been utterly terrible for more years than they were not.

I think the problem in part is that they just aren't that talented, have no real ideas and actually try too hard. And unfortunately, it's all a rather epic fail.

I think it's alreadý too late. They've been utterly terrible for more years than they were not.

I think the problem in part is that they just aren't that talented, have no real ideas and actually try too hard. And unfortunately, it's all a rather epic fail.

People set in your mind frame shouldn't even bother wasting their time, I guarantee you won't like it since your mind is made up before even hearing the whole album.

For those interested I got some more info off the Met boards.

About the album title:
- Death Magnetic is a lyric from My Apocalypse

About tracks:
- 14 songs recorded
- 11 songs mixed
- 10 made it to the album
- left out track is called 'Shine' and is bound to surface some time some where

About The Unforgiven III:
- They jammed on some song that felt like a nephew to the other Unforgivens
- So they dubbed it Unforgiven III (no pun intended)
- Lars described is as an mix between the Unforgiven and Dyers Eve
(though I think he ment that lyrically rather than musically, because he said it was very dark and moody)

About The New Song (or as Lars called it Glass Cow):
- Riffs from this song where used in two songs
- The mid-section can be heard on All Nightmare Long
- The intro will be in The End Of The Line

About lyrics:
- Lars said the lyrics are very dark.
- About death, suicide, betrayal etc.
- He said he was shocked the first time he read them.
- Hetfield seems very happy, but from the lyrics he gathered that there's still quite a storm in James' head

People set in your mind frame shouldn't even bother wasting their time, I guarantee you won't like it since your mind is made up before even hearing the whole album.

Indeed. I'm just amazed that anybody bothers wasting theirs. :lol:

But hey, there's worse out there, so wtf, right? Just please, nobody tell me Lars is a good drummer and expect me to keep a straight face.

Indeed. I'm just amazed that anybody bothers wasting theirs. :lol:

But hey, there's worse out there, so wtf, right? Just please, nobody tell me Lars is a good drummer and expect me to keep a straight face.

Tash, Lars is a good drummer. :heh:

You can slap me next time i'm talking to you in Stockholm. :lol: